Mono Audio Mixer?

GP does not seem to have a full mono mixer or way to set the stereo ones to full mono “mode”). I know you can make the individual channels strips mono, but they remain named 1-2, 3-4, etc. which does not make sense to me.

If I have a 16 mono out synth for example, I want to hook that to 16 INDIVIDUAL channels (faders) each labeled 1-16 to correspond. It is very weird to remember, for example, that my synth channel 4 is going into something labeled “7-8” on the mixer. What am I missing?

This is at least possible:

The names on the sticky are editable. The inputs can be changed to mono.

If this is not enough, maybe make a feature request?

There is already a long discussion

1 Like

I guess I would vote for a full set of mono input mixers as an option.

Maybe @pianopaul can move this topic to feature requests, if that is appropriate?

IDK, @soundog ’s last post sounded like he was pretty happy with using the mono gain controls, which have some defo advantages over mono inputs that have L-R output channels. As @djogon and @dhj have pointed out, is this critical/desired enough to displace other items on the features request list? Maybe @soundog could provide his thoughts on this as it was a robust discussion when he first raised the issue? He has been doing it this way for more than a year now, that’s a pretty good track record for an opinion. Could be that some updates to the User Manual and/or FAQS on how to do it and the reasons for that would suffice, or a better choice.

Hi @Frank1119, thought I’d share my primary rackspace setup which I have been running this year. It’s what I had tried and settled on independent of the previous discussion that PianoPaul linked to. I like it a lot, but then again, its so easy to redo things…

2 Likes