Modulation speed in Kontakt

I recently bought Diki Deegan’s ulliean pipes for Kontact, but am finding the modulation speed a tad slow. I can’t see anywhere in Kontact how to speed up the modulation.Can anyone help here please? Thanks.
I’m also having trouble with midi learn. Some help with that would be great too.

In Kontakt you should enable HOST automation for the parameters you want control by widgets.
Do not use MIDI learn.

Here is a video

2 Likes

Thanks for the video but it wasn’t useful at all. Sorry. The vst as loaded has the perfect modulation already set. But it won’t modulate the sound until the mod slider (“This Slider”) in the screen shot below is fully up. The slider doesnt have any midi learn and cannot be assigned to a widget as far as I can tell. I need to know how to keep the slider on full whenever I load the rackspace as it forgets each time.

Look at the left panel of your Kontakt editor window.

You have no host automation parameters assigned. You need to associate functions in Kontakt with host automation numbers and then gig performer will be able to access them.

I think you can just drag a control in Kontakt to an entry on the left hand side to make that control have a host automation entry.

Whoever created that Kontakt instrument should have really done this as part of the instrument configuration.

No need for automation, since this “slider” will react to the MOD-wheel (=CC#1) by default!
So just place a widget on your panel, “plugin-map” it to the corrsponding MIDI-IN block which is connected to the Kontakt plugin in the wiring view and choose CC1 as the parameter from the list… this should do the trick!

2 Likes

Erik, you are a genius. It works great! Many thanks my friend.

1 Like

You’re welcome, Al… glad, it worked. :+1:

You’re still going to want to use host automation to control other parameters. It’s this easy

2022-03-05 14-58-43.2022-03-05 14_59_44

3 Likes

It sure is when you know how!! I ended up using the uilleann pipe from Bolder Sounds in the end. But I do have the Diki Deegan version also.

I just found out that “uilleann” means elbow. Makes sense when you see one being played. Cheers for all the help. Such a great community:)

Yes. Watch Macedonian Morning and Lament from the Riverdance show to hear some beautiful songs performed with those pipes

Is that the tune where Davy Spillane walks out by himself and sits on a stool and plays it solo?
Strings come in later. If so, that it the moment I was turned on to UILLEANN pipes. It’s amazingly haunting that song. I have that original show on VHS and have looked in vain for a disk version.

I did them as solos some years ago

4 Likes

Lovely. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

I was wondering about adding some portamento to to the pipes. Is there a knob/switch buried somewhere inside Kontakt?

That’s something you need to ask the developer of your library about.