MIDI in block filters out single NOTE OFF messages ?!

I noticed something weird when playing the three play modes of my Numa Organ 2 which are:
#1: local on + MIDI off
#2: local off + MIDI on (internal sound generator off)
#3: local on + MIDI on

The Numa Organ 2 has inverted blank and white keys for the presets like a B3.

In mode #2 the presets key send note on and note off events which are displayed in both the general GP MIDI monitor and a MIDI monitor plugin connected to the MIDI in corresponding to the NO2 which shows that works correctly.

Now, the weird thing… in the mode #3 the NO2 only sends note off MIDI messages (without prior corresponding note on message. In this situation the note off event is only displayed in the general GP MIDI monitor, but not in the MIDI monitor connected to the MIDI in of the NO2.

Is it that the MIDI in block filters out single note off messages sent (I mean without prior corresponding note on event) ?

I can confirm,

when you connect the Midi Monitor to your Midi In you can see Note On and Note Off messages.
When you Filter Out Note On then you will never get a Note Off when you did not previously send a Note On Message.

When you use the Midi Filter Plugin to block Note On you always get a Note Off message independent of a previous sent Note On Message.

So the Midi In Block only lets get a Note Off Message through when a corresponding Note On Message was sent before.

1 Like

The question is now: is it a bug or a weird feature ?

The developers will tell us :wink: