MIDI Clock from GigPerformer to external MIDI device

Some arpeggiators… By now i solved setting GP synch with remote clock on sone rackspaces.

Nautilus is the master, with a footswitch pedal/tap button i can ovverride program tempo correcting it with drummer’s tempo

Should be fine if GP could send midinclock to outbound gear

It’s not that I want to place in the spotlight a device I created myself, but if you’re a little adventurous, you could build a midi-clock yourself:

But if you have another solution that works for: please go ahead (of course) :grinning:

Drummer has a metronome app he uses to call up the tempo of next song. Even though he has them in order - it’s taking too long and we lose the dance floor. I can put the tempos in gig performer and I think I know how to send it out on midi but how do I receive that as a visual metronome for the drummer?

He has a roland td27 but so far as I can tell it only has click and no visual metronome. We do a test on Monday to see if I can use my songs in gigperformer to choose the appropriate “drum kit” for him which will help minimize time between songs too.

Why not send an audio click track to the drummer?
Gig Performer has an inbuilt metronome.

Maybe I will send him the click, but I don’t think he want to hear it throughout the song and he prefers a visual cue.

Really, visual?
And with visual he is in time?

What metronome app does he use?

What are you using, Mac or Windows?

You could use a 2nd instance of GP and place that on a 2nd monitor for the drummer.
Try this, just load the gig and press the global play.

The same way you could use touch OSC on an iPad and send OSC messages via WiFi to an iPad.
The OSC messages would be generated by your Gig performer.

Metronome.gig (36.0 KB)

He is using an app on the iphone that flashes the entire screen with the tempo.
He is solid in time with a few beats to guide his count. I have nicknamed him “Rolex” because his time is gold.

I was wondering if I could send the midi clock over wifi to his phone if there is an app to receive it. But I just had an idea of a possible simpler lower tech solution. Maybe I can use the audio click on a separate channel and find/modify/build something that would flash to the click like an LED driven by an amp, a visual sound level indicator.

Using Touch OSC on the iPad would be the best solution.
With sending OSC message from Gig Performer via WiFi you can create a flashing graphics on his iPhone.
All you need is a WLAN-Router with WiFi, Touch OSC on the iPhone and some simple scripting in Gig Performer.

Or you use an LINK enabled App on the iPhone.

I just tested with Gig Performer and LINK enabled.
On the iPhone I installed this APP

Enabled LINK in the APP and when I press the global play in Gig performer, the Metronome was starting.

Works perfect.

Thanks!! This seems like a great solution. I just downloaded the app. I plan to test today.

The app he is using is called “count it off”

Just checked that app, does not support LINK

Another candidate
Vetro visual metronome

Another candidate
Blink metronome

Want to try this vst plugin… Throb by shaduzLABS - Clock Plugin VST VST3 Audio Unit

it should take host tempo from GP and send ti on midi out… maybe

I’ll give a try this evening…

@pianopaul if it works there’s a Github repository with code… maybe helps for GP implementation.

This is sending out clock signals, not MIDI clock

1 Like