MIDI change memory

it sends 0 and 127

Found this, did you setup this way?
http://support.nektartech.com/Mainstage-Setup-Pacer

@maupo Try to activate “Invert” on the MIDI tab and uncheck the “momentary to latching” option if your pedals already are “latching”.

EDIT: Sorry i accidentally made a wrong proposal (do not invert the values).

I can set LED MIDI ON or OFF.
ON: it receives the msg and update the led via host (works wonderful in MS, and in DAW)
OFF: stays in the status that you leave… meaning, doesn’t receive the msgs.

Can you try this?

Syncing footswitch LEDs with GP widgets
I got this working for the Pacer footswitch LEDs, but strangely it doesn’t change/sync the CC value in the Pacer. For example, the widget and footswitch are set as a toggle, and so the Pacer will alternately send values 0 and 127. However if you change the widget state in GP, it will update the LED on the Pacer, but it won’t update the CC value in the Pacer, so you still need to press the Pacer footswitch twice to get things back in sync. Seems a bizarre choice to sync the LED but not the stored CC value (I will contact them about this).
Solution though is to change the Pacer to send value 127 only and activate the widget setting ‘Momentary to Latching’. Now it all works correctly.

nope! I inverted and doesn’t help.

Was worth a try… have you noticed that i edited my posting in the meantime.
I meant actually to invert MIDI but i first wrote about inverting the values, which was wrong.

What you have to do:

• set the Pacer in trigger mode (push CC# 127, release CC# 0)
  • set Pacer to LED MIDI ON (without a widget with MIDI SYNC your Pacer switch should not change)
  • set the GP wiidget to Momentary to Latching
  • set MIDI SYNC BUT DON’T USE INVERT (you currently use invert for the “feedback” switch)

You mean instead of 0 - 127. I set 127 - 127 ? Just tried and doesn’t help. when I come back the same issue.

I think the solution of David-san can work

This should’nt matter as long as you use the trigger, i.e. momentary mode of the Pacer together with Momentary to Latch option in GP

Nope!
127 - 0
MIDI ON
(removed the invert). and nothing changed!

Let’s keep on the settings I recommand…

1- on a free rackspace without widgets and anything, act on a Pacer switch, does the LED change?
2- could you confirm by checking in a GP MIDI monitor, when you keep th Pacer switch pushed you produced a CC# 127, and as soon as you release it a CC# 0 is produced?
3- now add a widget in Momentary to Latching mode with MIDI SYNC enabled, act on the Pacer switch does the LED switch alternatively to ON and OFF?
4- can you confirm, one push on a Pacer swith the corresponding GP widget turns ON, another push it turns OFF?
5- now an on the screen and turn the assigned widget ON, does it turn the Pacer LED to ON?
6- still on the screen, turn the assigned widget to OFF, does it turn the Pacer LED to OFF?

@maupo I loaded your rackspace and also was seeing issues.
Untick the ‘Ignore Variations’ tick box on all of your widgets and see if that resolves it (it did for me).

EDIT: sorry - still have issue.

Yes, I missed this one, but It shouldn’t make a change when switching between two Rackspaces.

Do you still own a Nektar Pacer?

Yes I do. Ok you’re right. Maybe I’m not awake enough :wink:
I think there is no problem when the widgets are not mapped to the Neural plugin. Maybe some more testing with another plugin to help narrow this down?

EDIT: I just mapped the widgets to a GP mixer solo buttons, and it’s working as expected between rackspace switching.

1 Like

Humm… it must be something in the settings of the Pacer… I will sleep on it :sleeping:

Thank you guys for all the effort.

Finally I got what was “wrong”.

The problem is with the Neural DSP plugins in VST format. I loaded the AU format and everything is working perfect now!

One more time, thank you guys! What an amazing community.
Im buying the full version right now! :smiley:

6 Likes

Ah, good find! And also why it worked in Mainstage, because you could only use AU.

It would be good to understand from the GP devs why this might be the case, because it seems the ‘Sync’ feature is linked to the widget, so I’m surprised there is a difference between plugin versions (although I’ve learned that plugins are always full of surprises!).

Anyway, welcome to GP!

1 Like

Oh dear… so many variables for an issue to take in account, and then it’s something like this that drove you nuts. Anyway… it’s cool you finally found the solution! :+1:
So, welcome to the GP family! :beers:

1 Like