MIDI cc values wont be hold after changing variations on script

Hello Team

Time ago @rank13 created/modifed this valuable script (Changing script behavior from CC steps to full semitones - #3 by Josehdx) that was based on CC and PC incrementer ([Gig] CC and PC Incrementer)

The only issue that i found is the fact that when i create variations, the values are not stored within the helix plugin, what i mean is, on the rackspace they are shown as i left them after save them, but as soon as i modify the values between variations, the plugin keeps that last values instead of the one shown on the rackspace.

I have tried different options, like check/uncheck the values, and overriding via “this value” option but it does not work. I think is a script thing but before diving on the script, i wonder if there is other option over there.

Thanks

See if this version works for you.

Helix Semitone Incrementer v2.gig (254.6 KB)

1 Like

Working great!

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear colleague.

The file is not holding the values on the variations anymore on the gig performer 4.7 version.

Was there any change on the scripting code of the application? Can you tell me what should i change on the script?

Thanks!

Which file?
Which values are supposed to be held?
Variations only make sense when widgets are involved.

1 Like

The file “Helix Semitone Incrementer v2.gig”. on previous GP versions the values on the front end (in the variations) were stored per variation. On the newest GP, the values are kept constant in all variations, almost like the ignore variation Option but that is being unchecked in the original file

Ok so, could it be a workaround of the script on the file and then linking it to a widget, like a knob? Thanks

If by “values” you are talking about “parameter values”, it is ,by the design, the case from the very first version of GP, but you probably never noticed it. The variations only hold different values for widgets mapped to plugin parameters (and a Scriptlet is also a plugin). It seems you are suspecting changes that are not. Or did I misunderstood you?

Yeah, probably i didn’t notice it🤠

1 Like

@Josehdx there has been a change in GP 4.7 that has affected the value not being stored against the variation.

I was using Text Label widgets to store the Heal Shift and Toe Shift values.
In GP 4.7 this has been disabled by default for Text Labels. You will need to edit each of these widgets and disable the Lock option.

2 Likes

So i was not crazy! :sweat_smile: Let me try the solution you just gave me, but i think my setup has the value unlocked. Will go back to this topic once that i try. Thank you!

Of course not, but unaware of what happened in your gig file. So, you had a widget for storing your parameter value. And the behaviour of this widget changed a bit with GP4.7.

1 Like