Mapping knob CC to bypass plugins when set to 0, unbypass at any other value

Hey there GP community! I have been happily plugging along setting up gigs and rackspaces, and super impressed by how easy it has been to use the program to fit my use-cases so far. I have run into one issue that I seem to be stuck on though, and wanted to put it out there to see if anyone might know of a solution.

I have mapped a knob from my midi controller to have the function of a mix knob for several effects at once. It is set to crossfade between one gain control that goes to several effects (wet), and another gain control that does not go to those effects (dry). That works great. But I would also like to map this same knob to bypass these effects when they are not in use (when the knob is set to 0). For some reason when I try to do this, it bypasses the effects when the knob is turned below 50%, and unbypasses them when it is turned above 50% (no matter how I have modified the midi widget value scaling). I want it to only bypass the effects when it is at a value of 0, and unbypass them for any other value. Does anyone know of a way I can do this? I am thinking it might require a script, since it doesn’t seem to be possible using the widget properties. Hope this makes sense. Thanks so much in advance for any help you all can offer!

I want it to only bypass the effects when it is at a value of 0, and unbypass them for any other value.

You should use a button for this purpose :slight_smile:

This is how the curve looks like with a knob widget Bypass.gig (23.0 KB)

0 - bypass
Any other value - isn’t bypassed

2 Likes

Ah thank you so much, that works perfectly! You’re probably right about using an actual button instead, but I wanted to try out this option to see how it is.

1 Like

Great :beers:

1 Like

If he uses a button your curve won’t work properly, he has to go on using a knob for this.

Yes, the knob’s curve won’t work.
This curve is for a knob.

1 Like