Maintaining correct song position with Ableton Link

To clarify both points… in Ableton a common scenario is just to press Play on the next Scene without pressing stop. It then jumps back to 1|1|1, and changes tempo if that’s been set as well. I don’t know whether it actually sends a stop then start in the Link data.

Yes the effects are multi-bar, although I more commonly set them to just do single bar repeating animations. If it could sync to the 1 beat of each bar, that would be enough to be a huge win to open up some new live techniques. Multi-bar location within a song would then be better.

Did you set the global quanization in Ableton Live to 1 bar?

It might be my inexperience with Live, but I have never seen it jump back to 1.1.1 on a scene change. The global position will just continue.

The Ableton Link will ensure the 1 beat is in sync. In GP I have used scripting to show the beat counter in a label widget and confirm the beat numbers are always in sync.

Good call. I can see that without global quantisation the beat numbers can get out of sync!

My apologies, you’re right and I was wrong about that. I usually watch drummers hit a single button with an SPD pad but I think must be doing its own stop then “next scene” then start commands in a macro or something like that.

OK so just assume I hadn’t said that, and I want to press stop twice, then start on the next song I want to perform.