Lounge LIzard Low Volume Issue

Hello,

I have been playing around with Lounge Lizard Session in Gig Performer (plan to use it for Just the Way You Are).

The volume seems very low compared to other sound libraries/synths even though I raised the volume in the software and in Gig Performer.

Is this a known issue? Any thoughts what I might be missing?

Thanks!

Jeff

Before everyone has to ask you a thousand questions for the detailed hows and whats and wheres… just upload that rackspace you have troubles with, then we can simply have a look at the “real thing”… there are quite a few people here who own this plugin.
Without more information one might just say: Make it louder! If you are already at 10 then use the knob that goes to 11. :wink: (just kidding)

2 Likes

I only have Lounge Lizard, the full version,
but how looks you volume in the plugin?

Interesting. I’ve always found the opposite to be true—that the stock volume on Lounge Lizard is higher than that of other plugins.

Yes, that has been my experience as well. I wonder if it’s a Velocity issue

I can’t tell a real difference between Session or full, nor VST or vst3…

Thank you for all the responses. Unfortunately I am away from my rig right now so I can’t upload anything.

But, I do have the Lounge Lizard volume up higher than that.

This is a digital piano (PX350) I have not previously used as a controller. The tone itself seems right in terms of how it responds to velocity, etc.

Do people apply compression (included in the software)? It did not seems to help (maybe made things worse).

I could try it with a piano and other sample libraries.

I use VST3.

I will follow up.

Thanks!

It would be useful if you would screen capture some of those incoming note events in the global MIDI monitor so we can see what exactly is being sent to Lounge Lizard. Are you using your own presets or just some of the built-in ones.

Also, have you played around with the Velocity adjustments?

It looks like Session (the cut down version) does not have those parameters.

I watched a video comparing Session and full. There were some parameters in Session that seemed to effect the volume, particularly “tone amp”.

I will play around with some of them.

Jeff

Jeff I can concur a bit with you about the volume. Some patches of LL play better than others in regards to tolerating volume increases. I have noticed that some patches start to distort when key pressing hard and the volume is not up that loud… like at 66%.

But in my experience it’s related to LL and not GP as the problem is in the standalone version as well.

1 Like

Thank you.

Yep, I’m confident it is not a GP issue (but I figured I’d reach out to the brain trust here).

Jeff

Hello,

I figured I’d circle back.

I went through a bunch of parameters. Some definitely made the sound louder, but they changed the character in a way that I thought was less faithful to what I hear in the song (and I didn’t like how they sounded).

So, my conclusion is the sound I like (which, I think, comes reasonably close to the recording) is a low volume sound.

I am pretty confident I will have a enough headroom that I can get the levels I need (especially since I am probably only going to play the song in an acoustic trio).

So, that’s my report back. Thanks for all the responses!

Jeff

1 Like

By the way, can someone recommend a (low cpu) plug-in that increases volume (I am not getting close to clipping anywhere).

I think any compressor plug in can do this, but maybe compression is not necessary.

Alternatively, maybe a free/cheap low cpu compressor might be the way to go.

Jeff

Use the internal Gain Plugin

Yes., thank you.