Looking for arpeggiator

Yes, and works nicely with GigPerformer.
I have it since 2020, thru various Mac osx /Intel

On latest apple silicon you have to run GigPerformer via rosetta.

I need something like that for Starlight by Muse. I want to play a chord and have the arpeggio using the chord notes playing in an ascending manner, and when I change to the following chord, it should play descending. I also want to MIDI sync with GP using the GP tap tempo.

I started with ARP 2600 V, but it can’t alternate between ascending and descending arpeggios and it doesn’t use the notes of played chords but a fixed sequence.

Did you finally find something that does the job for you?

1 Like

OK, I finally used BlueARP which is very nice. I made a program with an ascending arpeggio and another program with a descending arpeggio. I use a Scriptlet to alternate them at each new chord using a PC. The Scriptlet is a bit tricky for this to work properly, because each time I have a new chord, I need to replay it for BlueARP to start the program a the beginning. Well I won’t come into the details, but it worked.

5 Likes

Just one more thought/idea - not checked any further so far: you could use ripchord in front of BlueARP. Single notes provide chord patterns to feed the arpeggiator part?!

1 Like

This works really well!

I cannot test it now. But Pigments has a very flexible arp setting. Trying with it?

Thats what I was experimenting with. I used RipChord into BlueARP and then into Pigments. It got really exciting using Pigment’s sequences. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Would you share a gigfile to show how it was done?
As you might have noticed from my reply to your post over at KVR, I am trying to solve the same problem for the same song.

Oh, I missed this because I didn’t receive any notification. Well, I would like to be able to all to the BlueARP developper, because I had to add a Scriptlet to do what I wanted to do.

I tested the method in my band and it works quite well. Let me clean a bit the Scriptlet and I will post it (and by the way the little audio sample I posted above is quite different from the real Starlight ARP and for the real one I had to improve the Scriptlet).

1 Like

BTW, I was playing with Cream64 from Kirnu, and it SEEMS like it should do what we want out-of-the-box… but I can’t get the arp to come back DOWN the note list… even though there is a setting which is supposed to do exactly that.

Then I perhaps won’t be able to help, because I exclusively used BlueARP. In Starlight there are rising and falling arpeggios following the played 3-notes chords, but there are also falling arpeggios following played 4-notes chords. I therefore had to make 3 different ARP programs that I had to select using a Scriptlet. The Scriptlet had to alternate rising and falling arpeggios and select whether a 3-notes of 4-notes chord has been played to select the proper BlueARP program.

If you use another ARP, it can possibly be very different…

No, no… I had also downloaded BlueARP. I tried for a little bit and then gave some time to Cream64, which seemed more promising. I was just mentioning there was another option (currently not working due to what seems like a glitch), but I’m perfectly content using BlueARP.

I am always interested in what people recommend. At the moment my clear favorite is BlueARP. It has a lot of options so you can pull off whatever you are trying to do, and it allows you to humanize timings and velocities. I ran into bugs in an earlier version but that seems to be resolved.

Is Cream still being actively developed/supported? I have the latest version (v1.2.5), which is over two years old. Just wondering.

Lots of complaints on their site. I only mentioned it because it was soooo close to working. But perhaps not a wise direction.

1 Like

Here’s a clue from his forum:

Post subject line: Cream issues and support info 2022

Post content: I still develop Cream and support it although I don’t respond here so often.

If you are having issues with Cream please first download latest version using the download links you got in the registration email and if the issue persists contact support@kirnuarp.com.

Post date: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:05 am

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Updating the Post title does NOT equal current support and development. Sheesh.