Live talkbox/vocoder using vocalsynth 2

Hi, i have an upcoming gig playing keys with a band playing original music (r&b style if id put a label on it). In some of the tunes id like to have a talkbox or vocoder effect, probably playing the notes on one keyboard and using a mic connected to the audio interface for the voice formant. I have already the vocalsynth 2 by ikmultimedia, but never spend much time trying to get to know it properly, and never used it in a live setup.
Do you have any tips on how to obtain a versatile “favourite” rig chain with vocalsynth 2 to load in whenever this type of effect is needed?
And also, how well does it work in a live situation, i’m a bit worried that the mic will pick up stage sound from monitors guitar amps etc making the usage on stage a headache. Anyone using it live that can ease my worries?

Vocalsynth 2 from IK multimedia, I think this is from iZotope

Correct, IZotope is the right one, sorry.

With a cardioid microphone and a simple noise gate you should have no such problems, even with high sound levels.

@magsid

I have consistently had good luck with multiple headset cardioid mics along with a gate to avoid the type of bleed you are concerned about. This has been with several different vocoder plugins including VocalSynth. Be aware that VocalSynth requires a significant amount of CPU speed to avoid latency issues. I was not able to get reasonable latency on my old rackmount PC with a 5th gen Core I5 CPU. It flies just fine with my current MacBook Pro 2021 with a M1 pro CPU.

X