Licensing seems per Windows User not per machine

Hi
Seems GP user license activation for only one windows user inside the same machine.
I have GP activated with my windows account in my computer but when playing live I want to use a local user (not windows account one) for many reasons:

• Different settings on windows software startup for perfomarnce
  • different power settings
  • different security settings
  • We use GP for 2 keyboards played by two people which we swap a lot (we are both multi instrumentalist) so I want to allow the other person to know and use that account without giving them access to my stuff!

Can someone confirm if I activate for a second account it will count as another activation?
If the PC dies one day I want to be able to us a backup PC already set up and ready

It should count as an additional activation.

Why should it? In the end it should be up to a machine installation not the user that uses it.
three computers right?
I agree that GP should not work on two different users at the same time in the same machine…
There should be a way to check for the machine and not the user for this right?

Hmm, I would agree with the OP why would an activation on the same machine but different user be a separate activation? Two users cannot use the same Windows machine at the same time. You can “switch” between accounts but only one can be active and even a remote desktop session locks the local machine. And his use case makes a lot of sense, a different user profile for live vs practice, buildout etc.

I wish we had just “one” more activation available! I have a desktop PC I use for most of my practice, build out on. I have two mini-pc rigs a main and a backup. Then I have a laptop that I occasionally use for light weight on the fly jams etc.

But I have to deactivate my backup rig to activate the laptop and hope I remember to deactivate it before a real gig and need my backup and can’t use it. Nightmare scenario hasn’t happened… yet.

1 Like