KORG collection 3

KORG just updated the KORG collection.

Nearly all instruments got updated. If you are already on collection 2 you get the Triton Extreme as a new instrument. If you upgrade to collection 3 you’ll get the Prophecy and the miniKORG 700S as new devices.

I have not upgraded so far, and I’m slightly disappointed: the updated Triton still does not provide PCG load/save or at least import. This is a real limitation!

First reaction from support was the same as over the last year “we are thinking about this feature, but can not commit any dates for release”…

I own some separate plugins of the collection but not the whole package, so i will have to see what actually will be updated and what not.
Unfortunately there never seems to be an attractive offer to upgrade from single instruments to the collection pack, and i don’t see why i should pay the full price for a package of which i already own a “good third” of the containing instruments (M1, Wavestation, Triton).

Currently there are special upgrade offers until Aug. 12 - check your KORG.id!

1 Like

Thanks, i will have closer look over the weekend. :+1:

Does the Korg collection, unlike Roland plugins, work without an Internet connection?

Hm, I had no problems so far. I don’t have internet in my rehearsal room or on stage.

Edit: there’s also an offline activation option available - so the correct answer should be: yes, it works without internet connection :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, no problems there.
And if I recall correctly, those aren’t CPU-hogs either.

1 Like

Here the same: no problems so far with the Korg collection.

I have also updated to the Korg Collection 3.
Actually, I am also satisfied with the Korg VSTis. Except for two points:

1. MonoPoly: The following bug is unfortunately still not fixed:
    https://community.gigperformer.com/t/crash-with-two-instances-of-the-korg-monopoly-plugin/6932/7?u=leeharvey

2. Triton and Triton Extrem: Realtime Controls are reset:
    If you change the sound with the 4 Realtime Control knobs (assigned to “Assignable Knob x”), the changes are discarded when you bypass (and rebypass) the plugin, change the rackspace or save and reload the gigfile. Only visually the four knobs remain on the changed state.

Maybe someone who has a good contact with Korg, can report these two bugs.

(Windows10, VST2)