Komplete 11 Session Strings Pro purge not working

I’ve followed the instructions for purging samples from Session String Pro (Komplete 11), having reduced the sample load from 223Mb to just over 1MB. I then re-save the instrument to a new non-default location, e.g. my Desktop. I then re-export the rackspace.

But when I open Gig Performer and import that rackspace again, it loads the SSP instrument (the newly exported one) correctly, but with the sample pool back to showing a full 223Mb load.

This also happens if, instead of exporting and re-importing the rackspace, I simply save and re-open the gig file.

So it appears that sample purging is simply not working AT ALL for Session Strings Pro, which is a huge problem.

I just tested with Kontakt 5 and it is working.

• Windows 10
  • Gig Performer 3.5
  • NI Komplete 11
  • Kontakt 5
  • Session Strings Pro.

Have tried this saving as a new instrument and as a new multi, etc.

Whenever I reload, the full sample set is reloaded and previous purge ignored.

Clearly the purge isn’t persisting correctly.

I did now exactly the same with Session Strings Pro 2 and when I reload the gig it is ok - only loads the remaining samples and not all.

Are you on Mac?

Can you test with a DAW for example Logic/Ableton Live/Cubase?

Windows 10, Cubase 10, Kontakt 5.8.1, Session Strings Pro 1.4.0

Purged samples, saved and re-opened Cubase project.

Sample pool shows 223MB - the full sample pool with no purging ;-(

Argh

In addition, saving as a new instrument with the purges done, then loading the new instrument loads up all the samples as though purge was never done.

NOTICE: The problem seems to be Session Strings Pro. I tested 2 other Kontakt Libraries: Alicia’s Keys and Kinetic Metal - BOTH properly recall sample purging!

It is extremely unlikely that this is a Gig Performer issue. All GP does is save and recall whatever state is supplied by the plugin. You should probably contact NI about this issue.

I figured

Do you have a solution?

I don’t currently have a solution other than to replace all instances of Session Strings Pro across every rackspace I’ve ever created with a different VST. :frowning:

I think you’re correct that the problem is with Session Strings Pro that comes with Komplete 11. It’s possible that the version of Session Strings that comes with Komplete 12 fixes the issue, but just upgrading will cost me a rather ridiculous $400.

In Komplete 11, I tested their Symphony Series and Symphony Essentials libraries, and purging works for them, so I guess I’ll either have to switch to one of them for everything or buy another string library, which doesn’t sound very appealing, cuz string libraries in particular are super pricey.

This is pretty depressing, but sadly, not all that surprising. NI has been truly disappointing of late. Witness Massive X. I think the X stands for disappointment.

Thanks for checking in.

If you don’t need the animations, I suppose you could create a new library from session strings pro by using a tool like SampleRobot to regenerate raw samples which you could then use to create a new instrument where purging would now work. SampleRobot isn’t cheap either but may be useful to you separately and so worth the cost.

You know you could also just update Session Strings Pro for 150 bucks - though it’s also not cheap for the improvement you‘re getting…

Considered that, but if I’m gonna shell that much out, I want a guarantee that the updated version WILL handle purging properly, which of course, I won’t get - unless someone out there who has the updated version can confirm purge is working properly. Even then, I’d probably just shell out the rest for the full upgrade. Appreciate the heads up tho.

Have you contacted NI or posted on their forums to see if there is more info?

Just did it, but am not at all optimistic about getting a fix

I just saw your post — I wonder — is this only happening on Windows? @pianopaul says it works fine for him (he’s on a Mac)…that might be a useful clue for Native Instruments.

I tested with Session Strings Pro 2, now downloading Session Strings Pro.
After test I come back with results

Now test is finished:

Session Strings Pro is not able to only load the required samples after update sample pool.
I tested with Kontakt 5 and the new Kontakt.

Session Strings Pro 2 is working fine.

I do not believe that NI will fix that for the “old” Session Strings Pro.

1 Like

I’m still on K9U, so SS Pro v1.4.0 for me. And it’s almost 30 GB. Slooow loader.

I bought an upgrade license for Kontakt v6 to cover any new libraries that might require it, but I’ll continue waiting before upgrading from K9U.

Does the current version of Ultimate include Session Strings Pro 2, or is that a separate purchase?

Thanks for confirming this. Sad news. Guess I’ll have to use another library.