Keys Split in SynthMaster 2 V2.9.9 for Windows

Hello.
I have not been able to do Keyboard zone splits using SynthMaster 2 for PC with the Standalone or VST and wondering if anyone using the same plugin has had positive results.

Currently my setup is:
Helix Floor → Midi Guitar 2 → Korg M1 and SynthMaster 2 in parallel setup, → card output.
I can easily split the keys in the Korg M1 VST plugin. The issue is only with SynthMaster 2.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Are you sure synthmaster supports keysplits?
It has 2 layers, but not a multimode.
I did not find anything about keysplits in the synthmaster user manual.

I am probably missing something, but…

You mentioned you cannot do this as a VST plugin.

So, hence my obvious question: Why not use it in Gig Performer with multiple Midi In Blocks?

1 Like

Hi Pianopaul.

I don’t know… I too searched the user manual and found nothing to that regard, hence I wonder if it could be done within GP4.

I tried splitting the keys with the MIDI IN (Omni) and although clicking on its keyboard’s greyed out keys output no sound, when I play the guitar through the Midi Guitar 2 plugin, it doesn’t work as it should. The full range is heard, so, the Midi In plugin is not stopping the excluded sound coming through… my guess is, if I would use a normal keyboard, it would work? Like I said, I use my guitar, through MG2 which then convert the sound to MIDI, which then get sent to the two VSTs.

Insert a MIDI In block.
Open it and check the Enable MIDI Merge box. (this will enable an input pip on this block)
Select the range you want.
Put that MIDI In block between MG2 and your VST instrument.

Does that work for you?

3 Likes

Does he need the latest version of GP to enable the midi merge box (?)

It WORKED!!
MIDI Merge solved the issue!

…and yes I have the latest version of Gig Performer 4.

Thank You!

1 Like

I wonder if the MIDI Merge should be included in the drop down list in choosing a MIDI block on the next version of GP?

No.

That feature was mentioned in the Backstage series and blog articles :slight_smile:
Link: Gig Performer | The hidden power of the MIDI In Block

1 Like