Keyboarders vs. Pianoteq: which Grand does everybody own?

Interesting discussion. I’m currently considering to get rid of my hybrid rig solution - but I still like my Kurzweil Pianos :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

So, I started another round of testing with my already existing Arturia Piano V2 out of my V collection, the TruePiano (thanks @Angel) demo and the Pianteq demo. Later on I added the Arturia Piano V3 demo.

First impressions: my Kurzweil ist still vital and alive :sunglasses:. I also validated my first contact with the Arturia Piano V2 - I still don’t like it (very neutral, no life in, however hard to explain),
The TruePiano started with “Trial Period over”, but I still could get a first impression from the sound. Nice and vital! So my test ended up with the Pianoteq as she most flexible, good sounding plugin in the first round (also considering the E-Pianos later on…).
However I got surprised after installing the Arturia Piano V3 demo (I have not upgraded my V8 to V9 yet): Much better than the V2!

So, locked again: I hope I get some feedback from 4front making a demo available for me, waiting for the next sales to upgrade my V collection, waiting for the next sales of Pianoteq.

The good thing is: I have time…

Any thoughts here regarding the Piano V3?

BBB, aware of personal taste and needs…

Billy Joel formerly played a Kurzweil piano installed in a fake grand piano and changed for a Kawai VPC1 controller and Ivory II American Concert D vst. Billy and I didn’t get together, but that’s exactly what I did too. Except for the installation in a fake grand piano. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Pianoteq 7 standard. Use several of the emulations. My goto piano. For rock i use a 1176 plug in .

Meanwhile I upgraded my V Collection to V9: Piano V3 is really a big step forward compared to V2 which I sorted more or less out.

I just prepared a modified Grand Piano for my next rehearsals to see how it compares to my Kurzweil, and the TruePianos Grands where I got a very special deal :sunglasses:

Any other thoughts on the Arturia Piano V3 (included in V Collection 9)?

I prefer Pianoteq, especially when you can get great electric piano and clav models that use the same sound engine. It feels a bit more realistic and expressive to me and it’s quite a bit more efficient when loaded. The Arturia Piano seems to take up some excess CPU when no midi is being sent to it, and a bit more while playing.

I’m using mostly the Native Instruments Grandeur.

1 Like

Understood. I have V Collection and Lounge Lizard.

Up to now, I have just been using my hardware pianos.

But, I will probably move to more pianos within GP.

I had been using sampled pianos (I had the Sampletekk Black Grande before I had GP) and I bought XLN pianos very inexpensively (2nd hand).

But, maybe I should use the V3…I haven’t even tried it yet.

I play mostly the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand (IK). It’s sample based but amazingly well done. I like a darker sounding piano, it’s quite rich. Works with SampleTank 4.

The StudioLogic Numa Piano (free) is actually a really nice model based vst that I think is superior to Artuirias Piano V3 so for a brigher sound I’ll use that occasionally.

2 Likes