Issues sending program changes from songs in setlist

Greetings.

I upgraded to GP3 and really like the setlist/song view. I’m creating a setlist from existing rackspaces. Most rackspaces include a MIDI out block to send a program change to a Casio PX-5S. Those program changes work very well.

On the setlist side, when I set try to send a program change from a song, it sends a message to change part of the current patch (a “tone” in Casio parlance).

The only difference between the two implementations is that in the rackspace, there is a place to specify both LSB and MSB for the bank select, where as in the song, there is only one field for bank select. My understanding of Casio’s MIDI implementation is that the LSB value is ignored when receiving program change data. Otherwise, I use the same value for MSB (rackspace) and bank select (song).

Am I missing something? Would be grateful for any insights.

Cheers,
Will

If it wasn’t clear from my original post, the end goal of all of this is to be able to reuse rackspaces from song to song and send program changes from each song instead of rackspaces.

Thanks,
Will

Hmmm, I think we originally made the mistake of trying to use a unified field for MSB/LSB in some places and then switched to using separate fields for those values later. We must have mistakenly used the old approach there. We’ll fix it. But basically the way that unified field should work is that values from 0 - 127 represent LSB for bank 0, 128-255 represent 0 - 127 for bank 1, 256 - 383 represent 0 - 127 for bank 2 and so forth

I’ve put this in our tracking system - we’ll fix this ASAP

1 Like