Is V3 sort working ok?

I have 280 rack spaces / songs in random order. I just tried to sort alphbetically by name. After 10 minutes, GP went white and gave a “not responding” message. At the moment, it is still not responding. Should this be a quick process, or should I go away and just leave GP to get on with it?

You may have stumbled on an issue with predictive loading and sorting.
Could you please leave it running and let us know if it eventually finishes?

We think that the issue may be that while sorting, predictive loading is trying to catch up and load/unload rackspaces which is not optimal.

When you report back we’ll enter this as something to improve in a future build.

Update: I left it running and went out for two hours. When I came back GP had completed the process correctly. Sorry I cant say how long it took. I did notice while I was experimenting that sorting by numbers was quicker. That predictive loading could be an issue. I’ll try again with PL turned off and report back.

OK — that probably does support the theory that predictive loading while sorting is at fault —

Now that you have GP3, might you be able to reduce significantly the number of rackspaces you need - assuming that some of them are the same (plugin wise) and can be reused in different songs.

I tried briefly with PL turned off and didn’t notice any change. Still no action on GP’s part.

When you turned off PL, did you wait for all the rackspaces to actually load before trying the sort?

(Edit: or did you try to sort the already sorted list?)

Quote:
“Now that you have GP3, might you be able to reduce significantly the number of rackspaces you need - assuming that some of them are the same (plugin wise) and can be reused in different songs.” End quote.

Exactly. Thats why I was asking about the V3 user guide earlier on to find out how I would go about doing this, I wouldn’t have a clue about where to start. Every single rackspace uses at least one of of the Real Guitar plugins, and some use many. Is there a quick start guide available on just this one aspect?

Not yet – as we said, GP is not officially released yet.
However, I threw up a short video yesterday on this that might be helpful. It’s on our youtube channel along with quite a few other videos

Yes, I waited for all the rack spaces to load. But I gave up on the sort at that stage. Short of propping my eyelids open with match sticks, I couldn’t be bothered watching. The sort I needed to do was a oncer really.

Thank you. I’ll check the video out.

Quick one on the setlist functionality. Is is possible to change the keyboard split in a song part? i.e. if I have a piano rackspace and in one song I want the piano to play fro C1 to C3 but in another song I need it from C2 to C3, can I re-use the same piano rackspace?

One way is to have a widgets controlling the split (like in this post and video, thanks @dhj ),

then create a new variation with that new split inside the piano Rackspace.

That’s great, just didn’t think of that as a solution.