Is there a to have my slider widgets "spring back" to their default value when I release from controlling them?

I have a horizontal and a vertical slider widgets assigned to my XY pad on my Korg nanoPAD2. When I use my finger to control some kind of modulation or other value, I want to have them return to their default values when I lift my finger.

Using Gig Performer 3 (on WIndows 10).

Does the xy pad send out any message when you release your finger?

From what I can see, you can specify a CC and value to send when you release your finger from the x-y pad.

That would be the best place to set this up.

Just using a simple MIDI monitor VST I get this from pressing and lifting my finger

B0 10 7F  Ch.1  CC #16 (General Purpose Slider 1), Value: 127
B0 10 00  Ch.1  CC #16 (General Purpose Slider 1), Value: 0

@rank13

Thanks, I will research this.

Sorry guys. I should’ve mentioned right away that I’m new to GP3 and I just started playing around with this the other day. Finding my way around the features and making sure it’s what works for me.

CMD (or Ctrl) - M will bring up Gig Performer’s MIDI Monitor

So a GP Script could easily be written that would reset those widgets upon receipt of the CC 16 message with a value of 0

1 Like

If you’re new, then is there a reason you’re not using GP4?

I wasn’t sure where the MIDI monitor was in this software and yeah I didn’t try looking too hard. I’m just used to pulling up a VST for that. I will look into the scripting aspect. I can probably figure that out.

I got the GP3 “unlocked” version for only $20 from the Plugin Alliance mega sale from over the weekend . Not a hefty investment for me and gives me more than 14 days to figure things out at least. I mainly wanted to try it out because I’ve been playing around with Cantabile Lite but I couldn’t do things like MIDI bindings there without paying for the Solo version. I’m not trying to do anything too advanced (yet?), just simply looking for decent live playing solution. I’m being frugal and wanting to get back into softsynths for (hopefully) a new music project I’m working on.

In the GP world, you should associate a widget with the “Up Down” message (you don’t have to but it’s a best practice, the idea being to be able to ignore actual MIDI values)

Then a simple script like this one will work - (I’m faking the X/Y because I don’t have a Korg Nano)

KorgNano

Please refer to the language manual for more info on how to set this up.

4 Likes

Dude, this so awesome. The script you showed here worked just how how I had things in mind. I knew how to make the slider widgets before. I added that button and taught it to the pad. With all of those widgets assigned to their variable names it functioned perfectly.

You did that work for me with the script and I’m grateful. It really opens up a world of possibilities now with this pad. Thanks again.

1 Like