Is it possible to access MainStage setlists (patches or sets) from Gig Performer setlists (with Apple instruments only)?

Hi, I’m happy to have found the solution to use Gig Performer without latency for a band with 3 guitars, 1 bass, 1 keyboard and 2 vocals with a lot of plugins without having any cracks (I drive all this with a bass and Guitar 2 Midi from Jam Origin for the midi part). I have a Macbook M1 Max 32go ram and a UAD Quad which I use in 48Khz 64 in sample. I found the method on the Gig Performer forum, thanks again… As soon as I used Synths (Arturia for example) I had cracks in the sound. I thought it would be a good idea to use the Apple plugins from Logic or the competitor MainStage that I used before Gig Performer, but it was impossible to get these Apple plugins in Gig Performer.
By launching MainStage and simply the software instruments, I no longer had any cracks! My question is, can you control MainStage patches or sets from the Gig Performer setlist by creating the same setlist in both programs?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Sure, because this are proprietary plugins which only run in Logic or MainStage.

You can send PC message from Gig Performer to MainStage using the IAC MIDI Driver.

Thanks, at the moment I don’t know how to do that, I’m not very good at midi ;-(

Just include the MIDI Out and in the properties select the PC message to be sent.

Here a blog

BUT: Better you make familiar with using a 2nd instance of Gig Performer for your Synth Plugins.

1 Like

Also, an upcoming significant upgrade to GP will make it even easier to do this.

See this video which recently mentioned this.

1 Like