Intermittent audio drop out in global output

I agree, the idea would be to suggest a different audio routing which could make it obvious.

Yeah that’s my next plan of attack

Will try and save it next time it does it, but I won’t reload it in case you can find the issue

captured part of the issue (midi)
midi in ok on rig manager
midi ok on global monitor
midi ok on midi in block
NO MIDI TO MIDI MONITOR
NO MIDI TO KONTAKT
all= no volume output to chan 3
global OR to audio block
3BIRDS FAULT.gig (843.7 KB)

Off course you are sending to MIDI channel 11 and filtering everything but channels 1 and 2, so it is clear that you cannot have MIDI to your plugin. Why is you Keystation controller sending on MIDI channel 11 ?

1 Like

FYI I had to deal with an issue with a customer recently where some plugins worked fine and others (Keyscape) we’re not working at all on a backup computer with backup controllers.

Turned out that the controller was sending out on channel 12. Some plugins didn’t care and just worked but Keyscape by default would only respond on channel 1 but of course it looked like Gig Performer was broken

1 Like

Should transmit on 1&2
I must have maybe left it on 11
Strange that one

Because of this, I now always use an OMNI to 1 channel constrainer. In our former rehearsal studio, I had to move an old 88 keys controller with an LCD out of order. A press on a button, and it changed the current channel to channel 4… Now with my channel constrainers, I am on the safe side.

1 Like

3 LITTLE BIRDS 0.rackspace (837.7 KB)

UPDATED INFOS- does the same on both keyboards. thanks

So was you « audio dropout » related to a wrong MIDI config of your controllers?

No.
There is midi into midi block, transmission on chan 1

There midi showing on midi in block on its keyboard - but not reaching kontakt

There is no midi in showing in midi local monitor

There is midi in on global midi monitor

How is the setting in Kontakt?

It doesn’t matter what vst plug in I use , midi does not reach plug-in

If I remove the midi in block and re insert it - it passes midi

This is probably the traditional Windows MIDI port auto-renaming. issue If for any reason your controller disconnects and reconnects it can happen. I don’t remember the remedy to this… Did you try to use the Rig Manager ? Just to see if the MIDI port alias also looses the link to the physical port?

Rig manager shows input at this point.

If I create a rackspace from scratch with a midi input block - it passes midi ok to vst.

If I replace from the replace midi input the replaced midi in block does not pass midi to the vst.

Only way round this is to remove midi in block and insert the one desired.

This midi disconnection occurs after playing 5 songs live only ,

It’s done the same thing on two different set ups.

Laptop , pc and two different keyboards and different audio interfaces.

And different gigfiles

Are you sure your Midi Keyboards are OK?

Yes they are ok,

I have 4 and different combinations still have the issues.

Seems like a Windows issue to me.

I’ve also tried different powered hubs. And plugging direct into pc or laptop powered

The only common thing really is GP and win pro