Intermittent audio drop out in global output

After playing a few songs no output on global channel

impulse Midi Chan 1 in to blue 3
out out of blue3 to gain control to global rackspace.
From global rackspace to audio out works fine on channel 1 on global rack space.

Keystation Midi chan 2 in to blue 3
out out of blue3 to gain control to global rackspace.
No audio out From global rackspace to audio out on channel 2 on global rackspace.

Each rackspace has only one default variation.
After playing 6-7 songs I suddenly get no output audio from global rackspace on channel 2( the keystation channel)

I can see midi in to blue3 and audio out via gain to global rack space , but not going through global rackspace on channel 2.

If I connect implulse keyboard to blue3 via gain to global rackspace there is still no audio.

The only cure is to restart GP4

Win 10 pro
Rme interface
32gig ram
1tb M2 ssd
2tb ssd drive
Gp 4.5

Also happened befor update.

Perhaps you can upload a small gig file showcasing the issue?

Problem is intermittent and I Bly seems to happen playing live, I managed to save a copy while live but when I reloaded it problem was not there.

It’s done the same thing on two different set ups.
Laptop and two different keyboards and different audio interfaces.

Pc with different boards- and different interface- the only common thing GP 4

You’ve been using GP for a long time, I think (I recognize your username). So that suggests that this issue just started happening recently. So something has to have changed.

@simusix2, could your confirm that in all you MIDI in blocks your blocked all MIDI messages that are not needed, in particular CC7 and CC11 ?

Yes all blocked cc7 & cc11 in local rackspace.

Yes been a long term user, first did fault 2 years year ago but I couldn’t fault find it while playing live so I put it down to some audio glitch- and wasn’t using global audio ack space at time. It was on same channel on audio interface on my laptop.
Last time did fault was on my pc live with different keyboards and new rme babyface pro but strangely on same channel

My gig performer rack spaces have changed a lot since Audo drop out. And have rebuilt tall rackspaces.

And still drops audio only on channel 2 on my global block (I have 8 channels on audio block) all others are fine.

It worked faultlessly tonight on a live gig but I had chan 1+2 linked via a button switch (to be pressed) in case it dropped out.

You’re not going to like this answer but if it mostly works but drops out just occasionally like that, I’d be suspecting cables and/or hardware.

1 Like

I have two different set ups on on two different interfaces both with different cables amps etc.

It’s gonna be a hard one to fault find.
Trouble is if you save gig file and reload gig it works fine.

Thanks for helping
Cheers

Reloading will reload all your plugins so it is quite possible that one of your plugins is doing this.

Any recent updates or additions? I’d start looking there first. Bypass or remove those plugins and see if it makes a difference

1 Like

Midi block>blue3>gain block>to global
From global to audio out block

Their is midi in to blue3
There is audio coming out in the gain block
(Showing on level meter)

but when it enters to global and out of from rackspace global their is no audio only on one channel (channel 2 on global)

Have saved it in fault, and rebuilt faulty rackspaces .

It’s a hard one to fault find when playing live as it only does in occasionally.

It happens after playing 5-6 rackspaces.

All is fine after reloading gigfile then all world fine for 10 next songs till end set.

Cheers

Also the fault occurs on two entirely different set ups but with the same gig file

I also think it’s something to do with blue3
It’s the only thing in common

@simusix2, any reason why you don’t post a small gig file where you encounter this issue?

Again, as I noted earlier, this presumably has not always been happening which continues to support the idea that something changed recently (and/or some hardware/cable problem has occurred).

I agree, the idea would be to suggest a different audio routing which could make it obvious.

Yeah that’s my next plan of attack