Interesting quotes

But alors you are French?…

1 Like

(source)

10 Likes

( source )

4 Likes

(source: Keyboard Players in Cover Bands FB group)

6 Likes

A nice review of Scott A. Simpson:

Gig Performer (GP) was developed by gigging musicians and is very much oriented to the end user.

GP runs on both Mac and Windows machines, does not require a ton of processing power, and is extremely stable.

Splits and layers are very easy - no MIDI channels to worry about, split and layer as much as you want.

I did a lot of sequencing and MIDI work back in the late 80s and early 90s and then took a long break to raise a family. Got back into live playing and MIDI again about 6 years ago and had a pretty steep learning curve with all the new gear, VSTs, and new software. GP has been one of the easiest to get started with, but I’ve yet to become a power user because I just don’t need to do everything that it can do. It pretty much will do anything you want it to do.

The tech support and online community are fantastic too! You’ll find answers for everything in one of those two places.

Best of luck!

(source: Keyboard Players in Cover Bands FB group)

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I have an MSI GE75 Raider gaming laptop with 32gb RAM. I use a powered USB hub so the laptop doesn’t need to supply power to the keyboards (Arturia) or my interface (Focusrite). Airplane mode on wifi, Win11, laptop connects to the internet only for updates and occasional instrument authorization.

4 Likes

6 Likes

(source: Keyboard Players in Cover Bands)

6 Likes

In the interim, I did further investigation of the alternatives to Gig Performer and I am now convinced that it is the way to go. I’m very impressed by the depth and breadth of its functionality, compatibility with other software, flexibility and the way it minimizes the demand on computer resources. Also very impressed by the degree to which you are constantly updating the program based on user feedback. But possibly the most important factor is the level of support provided both by your company directly and by your user community across using a variety of Web vehicles. I won’t name names (though it will be clear which product I’m referring to), but the alternative platform I was most closely considering pales in comparison to this level of support, not even offering a user manual to guide one in the learning process.

New Gig Performer user: steveinjersey

3 Likes

(source)

1 Like

5 Likes