In Ear Wireless

Last question, when having several wireless in-ear systems and microphone on the same stage, how does it work with these devices regarding frequencies use. e.g. what happen if I use several PSM 900 in Q15 band at the same time? (Can I use more than one and if yes how much approx.?)

Well, then you (or your sound guy) have to make a proper frequency planning) - both Sennheiser and Shure provide guides for thisā€¦ depends highly on the used frequency range and used/available bandwidthā€¦

Edit: on my Sennheiser EK I would do a scan, select a free slot and Sync with the Transmitter

I used molded in-ear monitors. Those things reduce outside sounds drastically and so when Iā€™m playing, Iā€™m hearing the music at essentially home living room volume levels, basically same volume as an acoustic piano.

3 Likes

Thanks, so you can choose a bit your frequency within a defined range. I am asking because I have an opportunity to buy a use PSM 900 (at half the price) in the Q15 frequency band. And I wonā€™t be able to send it back if it is not what I need :grimacing:

I have the SE215ā€™s too. Entry level but with a little EQ and the Sure triple flanged sleeves, they are remarkably good for a $115 pair of in-ears. They are single dynamic drivers vs. balanced armature drivers so they will sound more bass heavy.

I agree 1000%

If you are playing keyboards or drumsā€¦ I really donā€™t see the value vs. the hassle of wireless for in-earsā€¦ unless you are running all over the stage with a keytar. Wireless are expensive and prone to frequency bandwidth issues depending on where you are.

1 Like

I did some research and testing regards the ear cushions for in ear monitor. Best isolation could be with molded, then foam, then triple flange. You must try different sizes to determine the best fit. I used foam but they wear out quickly and of course the molded are expensive and take time to get- so I like triple flange.

I find the ear cushion to be equally important as the driver.

1 Like

You are right: to play in a rather punk and noisy repertoire I bought a wireless in-ear system.
As the musical style did not require a great sound quality :wink:, I took a t.bone kit which surprised me by its quality/price ratio and its reliability.
On the other hand, I put the earphones directly in a drawer and I invested in a quality model as much for the audio as for the physical comfort.
Thanks to these, I can play hard and long :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: