Importing a panel template means remapping each widget every single time, which is tedious and repetitive

Hi,

I have a global rackspace doing effects for my guitar both before and after the amp. The very last thing on my sounds route to the speakers is a reverb/delay effect in the global rackspace, whose widgets are controlled by a similar panel on each individual rackspace. However, when I want to change my panel template, I always end up remapping each widget for each rackspace, like this:

Link to video if it won’t play

If these widgets were controlling a plugin interface, I could’ve used the Learn Parameter-button and quickly gone through each one, but since this is accessing widgets in the global rackspace, I have to first assign them to the To Global Rackspace-node and then find each global parameter. For every rackspace. Every time I do changes to the panel template.

So unless I’m missing some obvious better way to do this, I have some suggestions for future updates:

1. Let us assign multiple widgets to a plugin/global rackspace when multi-selecting them.
  2. List all global parameters in the To Global Rackspace interface so that Learn Parameter works.
  3. Make a panel+widgets remember their mappings, so it can apply it automatically IF it finds the original mapping parameters in the gig file.
  4. Continuation from point 3: Let us update an existing panel by importing a new version of it, keeping its original mappings.

Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestion and a detailed report. Most of this is already on our todo list - we just need to get to it :slight_smile:

Hopefully we’ll be able to cross some of these from our list soon, but obviously we can’t promise anything.

Cheers.

1 Like

That would be great, I was just looking for a better way than doing the mapping manually for a synth with many params - this would save me a lot of time :grinning: :+1:

I think this is related to the same/similar tedium. If I want to change the layout of a rackspace (all widgets remain) I can no longer export and re-import into variations as this will overwrite all the variation settings. It would be cool if the layout could be decoupled from the widget links to allow a panel to be modified and it carry across variations.