IK ToneX Amp Models/Captures

Has anyone purchased or testing this?
There are some nice models/captures that I’ve come across. I find the whole auditioning/searching process a bit tedious and the overall workflow (e.g. rather than adjust the amp controls, instead find/try a different capture).

But the ToneX plugin itself has a very small memory and cpu footprint, which is very refreshing, when compared against the bloated beast that is AmpliTube.

1 Like

Just downloaded the demo today, will play around with it tomorrow.

It’s actually not bad, but you have to make some adjustments to their default setting to get the CPU usage down to a reasonable level. For instance, even if you are only using a single amp/cab routing, the double and triple amp/cabs are enabled by default in the background. You have to go into those routings and bypass the amps/cabs you won’t be using. Then you’ll see a lot of that bloat disappear.

3 Likes

I ended up buying the lowest tier (SE) as I found some of the user uploaded captures were just as good/better than the IK ones. And this is only after a few days of it being released.

Not all positive though - it’s crashing GP when I open a previously saved Gig file and try and open the ToneX plugin (tried both VST and VST3). Will report to their support.

3 Likes

Same crash here (on Mac). Open saved gigfile, create new rackspace, load plugin ToneX, open plugin window =>crash.

Can you zip the crash report and post it?

Hmm. Now it’s not crashing. It had also crashed Reaper when I first tried it, but now it’s not.
It definitely connects to the internet for the downloadable models - wonder if it’s something related to phoning home that occurs when you first use it on a given day?

Give me a minute…

ToneX Gp Crash Report.odt.zip (36.3 KB)

EDIT: It still crashes every time in saved gigfiles and empty gigfiles…vst, vst3 & AU.

Please use regular TXT files instead of Libre Office formatted files in the future - thanks.

The crash in is TONEX — we’ve seen this before — in exactly that same place with some other IK products. Below is the stack trace.

Thread 0 Crashed:: HotFudge Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 TONEX 0x133da8b44 IK::JTKLayout::Interface::Builder::Rebuild() + 36
1 TONEX 0x133c82e35 IK::Products::TXMM::Player::MainPanel::timerCallback() + 8101
2 TONEX 0x133e8205d juce::timer::TimerThread::CallTimersMessage::messageCallback() + 365
3 TONEX 0x133e7e8e7 juce::MessageQueue::runLoopSourceCallback(void*) + 55
4 CoreFoundation 0x7ff81c12317b CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE0_PERFORM_FUNCTION + 17
5 CoreFoundation 0x7ff81c1230e3 __CFRunLoopDoSource0 + 180
6 CoreFoundation 0x7ff81c122ebf __CFRunLoopDoSources0 + 340
7 CoreFoundation 0x7ff81c121878 __CFRunLoopRun + 892
8 CoreFoundation 0x7ff81c120e3c CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 562
9 HIToolbox 0x7ff824dd05e6 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 292
10 HIToolbox 0x7ff824dd0213 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 283
11 HIToolbox 0x7ff824dd00e5 _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 70
12 AppKit 0x7ff81eb5afad _DPSNextEvent + 927
13 AppKit 0x7ff81eb5966a -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 1394
14 AppKit 0x7ff81eb4bd19 -[NSApplication run] + 586
15 GigPerformer4 0x1070a8bab 0x106b22000 + 5794731
16 dyld 0x10a81952e start + 462

1 Like

The latest update to v1.0.2 seems to have resolved all my crashing issues.

2 Likes

Hi, this spiked my interest as im using amplitube as my bass amp and have alsi noticed its way more hungry on cpu than anything else. How di you mean to bypass cabs not in use? Is there actually stuff going on in cab 2 even if i only use the one cab, straight line routing? Confusing…

@frodebass Here is a video demonstrating what I discussed earlier:

5 Likes

Again, thank you so much for sharing! Will do this before the show tomorrow!

2 Likes

Nice catch,
I know what I’m doing today…!

2 Likes

I just wanted to send a “Thank You” shout out to edm11.

I was having some crackling issues with Amplitube Leslie. I finally got around to attempting to deactivate and bypass unused signal chains based on your posts.

Thanks so much for walking though how to do this. I think because of your help with this (and walking through it for us “slower” folks), I feel comfortable using this plugin (which is a nice improvement over other Hammond Leslie options I have tried).

Thanks!

Jeff

3 Likes