IK T-RackS Leslie offer

This seems to be interesting:
T-RackS Leslie $/€129.99 $/€64.99

Other IK June offers here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=9554

1 Like

Wow! I’ve been looking at these for a while but couldn’t rationalize the price. To clear up any confusion, do I need to already have an Amplitube or T-RackS product to purchase one of these?

You need the TRacks version to work as a standalone VST. The Amplitube version needs Amplitube.

Just downloaded the 9 day demo. From my brief experimenting with it so far, I’m pretty impressed by the sound and the programming features to far. Seamless integration with GP as I assumed.

I bought the Amplitude Leslie on sale. I did an A-B test with my favorite B-3(Acoustic Samples B-5 v2), with one rackspace using the B-5 Leslie(which is excellent, IMO) and another rackspace with the Amplitude Leslie. The Amplitude Leslie was confusing and non-intuitive to set up, but the sound is a little warmer. Fast Leslie speed sounds identical to me. Slow Leslie speed- Amplitude Leslie wins by a small margin. It sounds a little more random and subtle. I plan to test with Blue 3 next. The Blue 3 Leslie(Spin) is not realistic enough IMO. I’ve owned several B-3’s and Leslies over the years.

How is it CPU usage wise? Also, what’s the licensing? Does it need a dongle?

IK Multimedia Leslie is softwre licensed, no Dongle Required.
CPU usage you can compare with PSP Lotary 2

I don’t know what its CPU usage is either.

On my Mac Book Pro 2018 i9
About 20% CPU usage display in Gig Performer

Does anybody know if the spring reverb is pre or post? Unless my ears are deceiving me, I’m hearing the reverb pre Leslie, which is a con for me.

Turn it off and insert OuterSpace after the Leslie :slight_smile:

That looks cool, but unfortunately, my budget only allows me the Leslie plugin this month:( Anyone aware of any freeware reverbs that aren’t CPU hogs and simple to get one’s head around?

But this is the correct way when you compare to a real Leslie.

That is true. Leslie 122R and 147R.

So it’s before Leslie then ?

Spring reverbs are often added inside the B3 before the Leslie… But do what sounds right for you :wink:

Blue 3 allows the user the option of pre/post reverb.

But you know compare a complete organ/Leslie instrument with a Leslie.
The real Leslie you cannot use the inbuilt spring reverb after the horn or drum

True. I personally like to create the “room” the Leslie is in, so eliminating the swirly reverb effect is what I’m going for.

In IK Hammond VST there are 2 builtin reverbs.
The spring reverb is before the Leslie and the digital reverb is after.