IK Multimedia's Syntronik on sale (77% off)

Until 06/30 the Syntronik collection is on sale for 79€ (instead of 357€).
Looks like a bargain, but i know there have been some serious host automation issues with the IK-Multimedia plugins… i don’t know if the’d “behave well” within the Gig Performer environment.?!

I am using it with Gig Performer and until now faced no issue.
But a huge handicap is the missing HOST Automation.
I contacted them but they just said “Works as designed…”

So one can play the plugins without problems but realtime changes to parameters via host automation won’t work? I read in another thread that it’s possible to send CC’s to the plugins directly (?) but that seems to be not very flexible nor convenient from a Gig Performer’s point of view.

Yes you can send CC’s to the plugin via Widgets and the connected Midi In block and in the plugin you map that CC’s
That is possible.
But when you change such a mapped parameter in Syntronik the assigned widgets is not changed.
So it is a “One way ticket” (Boney M.)

How does this compare to the Arturia V collection in terms of sound quality and presets (as I am lazy, I like famous sound presets😉)

The sounds are really good.
To be honest, I did not really compare.

Just had a look and it was not really clear how versatile those synths are, as they are partially based on samples. Is it possible to program them like synths or do they more behaves like romplers?

Most Presets are sampled and you can influence filters, lfo env etc.
Then for each synth the basic waveforms are available and samples for 1 osc or 2 osc or 3.
It is not that versatile as Arturia but some of them (because of the good effects) are amazing.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Hummm… so a kind of very nice rompler with effects…

Yes, very very nice

Finally I bought it, to do this as soon as I have time :stuck_out_tongue:

Syntronik is again on sale (Black Friday): $69.99 this year!
And i can get an additional discount of $10… so i am thinking again of buying the package, even though it seems to lack a proper host automation.
Maybe you guys can answer me a question:
Can i use the included effects separately (with other plugins) or are they integrated in the Syntronik synth-VSTs? i.e could i place a Syntronik effect after an Arturia synth?
Thanks for any information about this.

To answer my question myself (since i couldn’t resist buying the package):
The effects can only be used within the Syntronics VST, which is something similar to NI’s Komplete Kontrol or Arturia’s Analog Lab. There’s no way to access the synths or effects separately - all is going on within the closed environment of the Syntronic VST.
BTW: Allthough it is a “black box” and it might lack some comfortable features like host automation… it just sound’s quite great! I like it! :+1: :heart_eyes:

When you like the effects:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/

Yeah… looks great, but i think, it’s way too expensive (and a bit too much) - at least for my needs.

Did you check the cross grade prices of IK Total Studio 2 Max?
You have to be connected to your account for this. I can buy it for 182,39€… :thinking:

Mixbox is wonderful. The perfect tool to give a keyboard sound its perfect life. I prefer to play with Arturia vsts because it is really a synth programming. On Syntronik it is a rompler preset sound. Only choosing it is requiring a lot of time