[IK Multimedia - Miroslav Philarmonik 2] Struggling to install v 2.0.6

I was wondering if any of you are using Miroslav Philarmonik 2.0.6 on Windows and could tell me where the 59Gb instruments are installed?

I installed v2.0.6 from the IK Product Manager and could not load the plugin in either VST2 or VST3:

Miroslav_Philharmonik_2_VST

So, I googled a bit and a solution should be to install v2.0.5 first to load it once and then to update to v2.0.6 using the IK Produkt Manager.

After doing this the plugin starts but complains about missing sound libraries. In the plugin settings there is a DISK PATH pointing to a missing Sample Tank 3 directory. This caused a lot of crashes of the plugin leading a crashes of GP4. I found an \IK Multimedia\Philarmonik 2\ directory but most of the subdirectories are empty.

If you have this plugin running, could you please tell me what is the DISK PATH of you install and tell me if there are 59Gb of instruments data there?

(I think that it is spelled “Miroslav”, after a Serbian name)

I had not my glasses :nerd_face:

Ahh, the joys of IK download/installation.

My guess is the samples did not fully download. (Or maybe they installed into a different folder).

Jeff

Try using your IK Product Manager. Check for Miroslav Philharmonik under the Sounds folder to see if it has been downloaded.

After installing the VSTs, did you click on the “Sounds” tab at the top? There is a separate 45.3 GB file that needs to be downloaded and installed. My sounds are located under:

D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\50__Miroslav Philharmonik 2

There are a ton of subfolders under that with the individual instrument sound files.

One issue I have (had) with the IKM installer is that in Preferences, you can specify the Download folder. THIS IS ALSO WERE THE INSTALLER UNPACKS THAT DOWLOAD! Stupid. They don’t let you specify a separate Install folder. IIRC, you need to set the Download folder to the actual destination where you want the Sound files downloaded. I’ve had to move entire downloads manually.

The Disk Path defined in the VST/VST3 Setup for me is:

D:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

I think that is what you need to specify as the Download folder in the IKM Product Manager. All of the folders under that exist or are created during the install process.

Of course, SampleTank 4 messes with that. You have to change it in the IKM PM and then change it back after installing ST4. Beyond stupid.

@jeffn1, @jpt, @themaartian thank you for your replies, its definitely a download issue:

However no idea how to download it, while the install/download option appears clearly in the software tab, no option in the sound tab… :thinking:

I also tried though the IK website, where I found a “sounds dowload” option, but even if I have 9 activation remaining, I get this stupid dialog when I try this option:

Do you see another option to download the sound pack?

No. I think it is a terrible process to disable sound downloads 180 days after purchase. I just can’t figure out what the reason is. It’s not like they use up more storage space on their servers. They have one copy of it that everyone points to. Seems like a pure money grab to me. I bought Syntronik 2 MAX during a sale last Spring, but couldn’t download the sounds because the files were huge and I was on a very slow ADSL internet at the time and the mobile phone service where I was renting was also terrible. I moved and got a fiber connection in my new apartment 7 days before the sounds were going to expire. I got lucky. I don’t know how much one “Download Reactivation Credit” costs, but would like to know if you find out. Since it reactivates ALL sounds, I should get one and download everything to a backup drive.

You must have purchased Miroslav more than 6 months ago. If you try to buy the credit, please post the cost. Merci d’avance.

That’s a crazy policy!!! :exploding_head:

I will first check If I can find and copy the missing sounds in my other PC…

1 Like

It’s 11.99 Eur, but I don’t know if it applies to all the sounds of the plugins I own or if it is restricted to Miroslav Philarmonik 2…

EDIT: “Reactivation will open download access for 180 days for all registered products.”

Once I have gotten used to IK Product Manager I have had very little problems with their plugins. Before that it was constant questions about setups.

Still, with the Product Manager it is always a two step process: First—download the plugin, second—download the sounds. They always mention this but (as in a lot to do with IK) it is generally hard to see unless you’re really looking.

Good luck! I love the strings.

I imagine that’s what I did the first I installed it, but I don’t remember. The way they do it by Arturia or NI is much easier. That’s what we need, push the download/install button and wait until it is done.

Furthermore, I don’t know what happened, but for several IK plugins I am trying to install, I got a java script error because the downloaded archive is corrupted. No more info, I will also have to figure out what to do… thank you IK… :confused:

1 Like

I think they do it that way on purpose…so we HAVE TO rely on them.

If only we could rely on them! But they have an unusable support form which doesn’t send your request because of an “not allowed character” in the text of the request or something like that. Unbelievable!
In the past I succeeded to send them a support request, but they took weeks to answer… :confused:

You’re right…I think this is what I dislike the most about IK!!

1 Like

I had the same issue. I just run v 2.0.5 and have no problems

4 Likes

Hi @sbach308, thank you for your feedback and welcome to the GP community forum :wink:

1 Like

Running on 2.0.5, latest update not working. They haven’t fixed the problem since it came out. Probably 2.0.5 is the last version they released, we won’t see anything new. Unfortunately, IK Multimedia’s support is not better when it comes to older versions or if you buy something that is on its way out and a new one is to replace the old one.

Well the new version 2.0.6 is out, did you try it?

Version 2.0.6 does not work, so I do not expect that IK Multimedia will fix the error on the file, hence I see that version 2.0.5 is the last working one we will get to see.