IK Multimedia Amplitube Leslie/T-Racks Leslie

Anyone have/use either of these plugins? I was waiting for a sale on these… and voila I got the Amplitube Leslie for $29. It seems like a lot to configure to get the leslie going. I have heard that the T-Racks leslie is easier to use and implement.

1 Like

It sounds very good

2 Likes

The layout is easier to navigate, and the CPU usage is slightly better than the Amplitube version.

1 Like

I use the T-Racks Leslie exclusively. I prefere it over the built in Leslie in my Hammond XK-5. Not only does it sound better (better than a NeoVent acorrding to some) it’s super easy to impliment into GP. I even use my XK-5’s hardware controls to control the VST.

It’s a bit resource heavy but i manage to always have it on and still run several other VSTs simultaniously.

2 Likes

I just picked this up too. I am inclined to use it with NI Vintage Organs because I have become a bit more accustomed to them

But, I have the Arturia V Collection 9 too. So, that B3 is another option.

My impression is the the Leslie is really the key.

Jeff

1 Like

Footnote:

The Leslie in the B3-X plugin (which is the best Hammond VST) is the same Leslie that is in the T-Racks plugin but you cannot use the one wtihin the B3-X plugin with external sound sources. Just mentioning this because if you only plan to use the Leslie with organ and you are looking for an Organ VST… that would be the most economical way to go and still get that Leslie.

I use the T-Racks Leslie on other keyboards too, it’s a dedicated part of my signal chain.

1 Like

I use B3-X as my Hammond/Leslie sound unless it’s a less prominent sound and I want to conserve CPU. The T-Racks Leslie is the way to go if you just want the Leslie simulation to use with other Hammond vsts. I compared Blue3 with the T-Racks Leslie and the CPU usage wasn’t considerably less than just running B3-X

1 Like

I have B3X, Amplitude Leslie and TRacks Leslie.
I use the Amplitude version for every Hammond patch if I am using my Viscount Legend (hardware Hammond clone). Reason is that Leslie internally as VST is better than the hardware simulation.
Amplitude compared to TRacks seems to be more flexible to manage gain, useful for an extern source. If you need Leslie for a VST, TRacks version is probably faster and easier to configure.

1 Like

A good alternative is

1 Like

I’m a very big fan of Melda Productions Vintage Rotary plug in. Just to add another alternative to the discussion.

1 Like

I’m with Furio, I use the Amplitude version for every Hammond patch, that has not IK B3-X as basis. Ampltude sounds somehow different to the TRacks Leslie, in my ears better.

2 Likes