IK B-3x problems

I actually use AfterTouch to just toggle it from “slow” to “fast”

Yeah, that’s what i do too… i should have been more specific.
To stop the Leslie, i use a separate button on my controller.

New version 1.1 available

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22575#p96554

1 Like

Hmmm, not sure if they didn’t want to to admit to cpu issues and it is covered under “Various performance enhancements” or if it hasn’t been addressed yet. I will be checking it out tonight.

New features for Hammond B-3X 1.1:

New Latch Mode for MIDI Controllers (this lets you use a momentary switch like a sustain pedal to change the Leslie speed, etc.)
Sustain Pedal implementation
New Hammond Profile for the XK-3 / XK-3c
Added assignable MIDI Controller for Percussion 2nd/3rd Harmonic switch
Fixed an issue with audio pops when changing amp models or mic positions
Various performance enhancements

Still 39% cpu B-3x 1.1
versus
16% CPU Blue3,
without playing.
Peter

Just tested, latch mode for controllers is working and sustain is supported also.
Seems the VST bug on Mac is fixed.

With version 1.0.0 when I used the VST version I was not able to reload the gig.
Now it is possible.

1 Like

Did you enable the stomp box effects in B-3x 1.1?

@pianopaul The killer on that is the Leslie itself.
I use the Amplitube version and it’s a real processor hog.

Oddly, the EQ-81 in the Post-FX section is also a resource hog. Do yourself a favor and keep that off to save some cycles.

Indeed Amplitube Leslie is cpu hog. But I have used it with Blue 3 and VB3 I and II no problem. B-3X is just barely playable for me… and yeah dependent on preset and FX used etc. And with UI open it is unplayable for me. I’ve seen it all reported by others on other forums and IK devs responded to me that they were aware of the behavior and were working on a resolution. Apparently no resolution yet.

1 Like

I am on Mac and with AU version it is playable very well.

I doubt the link (VST / AU etc) is the problem.
I mean it even takes about two seconds to load a patch in standalone mode.

I believe it is specifically the Windows VST plugin that is resource-intensive. Mac appears to be fine.

Interesting — what audio interface?

I noticed that this plugin is now for reduction. However, seeing the CPU usage, it seems not the best vst so far, using a 6th gen i7.

Or has the CPU usage improved, as the topic is from 2019?

Any users having good experienced with this vst and a not too modern computer?

I use the AU version without any trouble. It’s a little CPU hungry, but not so much it’s unusable. I often will have 3 instances of it running in conjunction with effects and other instrument VSTs and my M1 Mac holds the load just fine.

Using an RME UCXII @ 128 samples for the bubble instance, 288 samples for the rest.

1 Like

Thanks for your info.

I assume the difference between au and vst will be ok.

I guess my CPU is slower, but not intending to use three insurances (corrected later: instances)at once.

Insurances?

Hah, spell check, I guess.

I bought it today… Not checked yet as I’m not home until tomorrow very late.