I’ve reached my destination from Forte to Gig Performer

In April this year, all Forte users were advised that the product was to cease development. Forte had been crashing for me for some time, so I followed a suggestion of a fellow user and downloaded Gig Performer.
As my early attempts with GP were not going well, David offered to phone me and offer encouragement. This was from New York to New Zealand! We had the call and I was suitably encouraged and so made a start.
I am a solo digital guitarist and began the task of recreating all 246 Forte songs to GP. That is 246 songs/rack spaces. I don’t know if anyone else has such a large or even larger number of songs, but it has been a massive task just completed yesterday.
I must say that I have gotten to know GP very well and am pleased to report that it is running all 246 rackspaces well. Looking back on Forte, it now seems an archaic way of working compared to GP’s graphic interface.
So all in all, I breathed a healthy sign of contentment yesterday as the last song slipped into place. It’s a big thanks to all who have helped and supported me over the last marathon seven months.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!