How to use GP Relayer with Ableton Live

How to send audio from Gig Performer to Ableton Live

Follow these steps to send audio from Gig Performer to Ableton Live.

First, insert a GP Relayer block in the Wiring view and connect your audio source to the GP Relayer plugin:

In the GP Relayer plugin editor window make sure that Send is set.
In the Via section choose a desired Relay – in this example Relay #1.

Next, start Ableton Live:

Load the GP Relayer plugin (VST3 or AU) into an Audio Track.

In the GP Relayer plugin editor window, make sure that Receive is set" and in the Via section the same Relay that is set up in Gig Performer (in this example Relay #1).

How to send MIDI from Gig Performer to Ableton Live

Follow these steps to send MIDI from Gig Performer to Ableton Live.

First, connect the MIDI In plugin’s output pin to the GP Relayer MIDI input pin:

In the GP Relayer plugin editor window make sure that Send is set.
In the Via section choose a desired Relay – in this example Relay #1.

Next, start Ableton Live:

In the GP Relayer plugin editor window, make sure that Receive is set" and in the Via section the same Relay that is set up in Gig Performer (in this example Relay #1).

In the Destination MIDI Track in Ableton Live, note the MIDI From section and choose “1-Audio” because you want to receive MIDI from the Audio Track where the GP Relayer plugin is loaded.

Credits: @pianopaul

Other related thread regarding Ableton Live and Gig Performer (along with a custom M4L patch) → LINK

2 Likes

Hey all!

I have created some Ableton and Gig Performer 5 Template files. There is one Gig Performer file and three Ableton Sets.

1. 10 streams of stereo audio
  2. Set up with proper bussing for easy stereo recording
  3. Relayer for MIDI FX
  4. With an instrument rack of all of Ableton’s MIDI effects in a rack and dummy clips to fire them
  5. Relayer for proprietary instruments

Here is a walk-through of how it is supported to work: Simple Relayer Templates | Loom

GP Relayer Templates.zip (5.2 MB)

2 Likes

Im trying to get all my rack spaces to send a GP relayer. So rather than have a separate relayer for each rack space is it possible to use one relayer in like a global rack space so that all the audio is sent to my daw? Thank

Yes. You can send your audio in each rackspace by inserting a To Global Rackspace block in your local rackspaces and routing your audio in each rackspace to it. Then insert a GP Relayer block in the Global Rackspace and connect the From Rackspace block to the GP Relayer block. Now, all audio is routed to the Global Rackspace from each rackspace and can be sent out using one GP Relayer block.

Example 80 (01)

Example 81

1 Like

Brilliant! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey GP fam. Here’s a thought, since abelton link has the offset, wait til the next downbeat, frustrating thing. How about a touch osc link between the two apps. The osc works flawlessly in abelton. So is it possible to connect the two transports together using touch osc so they will fire at the same time? I love this exploration. It sure beats a rs232 interface and saving data to cassette like I did in the early 80s. It’s like grandpa tell us about the not so good ole days. Haha