How to get rid of default variation/ no instant switching

Can the default variation be useful in the rackspace , ?the manual doesn’t make clear why the default has to remain default, in the Leslie example , it’s in the way…also my variation switching in 2.6.2 takes 4 seconds at least, is something wrong with this release?, I never had this lag issue during my trial last version, it’s supposed to be instant…found out it was OSC problem, once I unticked ‘enable osc’, everything’s instant again, …whew…

There’s nothing wrong with the release as far as we know — at least we haven’t had any reports of problems from anybody else and one generally needs to hear from a number of people reporting the same issue to determine that there’s an issue with the product itself.

There’s nothing special about “default”, you just always have to have “one” variation even if there’s nothing in it. A rackspace is just the “holder” of the plugins.

If there’s a delay switching from one one variation to another within the same rackspace then I would be almost certain that you have an issue with a plugin. When you switch from one variation to another in the same rackspace, the only thing that happens is that widget values for the new variation get sent to the plugins. If that is causing a problem, then 100% it’s an issue with the the plugin. Are you by any chance making the plugin have to load new samples, for example? That could certainly cause a delay.

Ah – I forgot you were playing with OSC. However, that shouldn’t cause a problem either unless you managed to create a feedback loop.

I appreciate that you added the solution to the problem but may I encourage you to add just things using “reply” rather than editing your original post please. If I hadn’t happened to look back at your original post very carefully I would never have noticed that you changed it.

Thanks,
D

Absolutely, perhaps with osc enabled , it gets sidetracked if it’s not

It can’t be that — like many of our users, I use OSC and Lemur 100% with Gig Performer and a delay like you describe would have been instantly obvious. Is it possible you changed something in the Lemur script that’s causing a feedback echo of some kind? I know you were questioning whether you could change OSC address names the other day.

I’m not sure, just glad it worked when off, but that adress, client and port on lemur isn’t clear , since port 0 is quite common, on iPad , but I didn’t change nor advance in lemur yet , seeing if I can get the basic live switching in Gp first ,

Port 0 is absolutely wrong. We don’t (yet) support bonjour so your IP addresses and ports have to be set up manually on your network but Lemur by default receives OSC packets on port 8000 (not port 0) and Gig Performer by default receives packets on port 54344. All of these can be changed but you will never be using port 0

Ok, so if the port on iPhone says zero, change it then ?