How can I use the faders of one keyboard to apply parameters from another keyboard?

I have two keyboards:

1. M-Audio Oxygen 61 (with faders), MIDI Channel 1
  2. StudioLogic Acuna 88 (hammer keyboard), MIDI Channel 2

For one rackspace/song, I want is to play piano sounds on the second keyboard. However, since that keyboard does not have faders, and I still like to be able to change settings on the piano sound, I would like to use one or more faders from the first keyboard.

However, WHen I set OMNI channel to both 1 and 2 (and all others but that’s not important) as in the screenshot, I can play piano on the first keyboard as well, which I don’t want as it needs to play another song.

However, when I only select MIDI channel 2, the fader of the first keyboard does not work (for the second keyboard).

What should I do/change to use some faders for the first keyboard, some for the second, and still be able to play different VST/sounds on both keyboards?

First of all never use MIDI in OMNI in your Rackspaces, rather use the MIDI in blocks of your keyboard controller. I noticed that you use different channels on your keyboard controllers (ch1 and ch2), this is not usefull and there are even plugin not responding on channel 2, so take care.

For what you want to do I would define my keyboard controllers in Rig Manager as keyboard1 and keyboard2 (or whtever you want) as well as all the MIDI controls available on these controller.

Then use MIDI learned widgets and host automation to control your plugin and not MIDI. All this will make your life much easier. :wink:

1 Like

I already found the answer, but maybe this solution is not so good. As I will use it probably a lot of times (read for almost every song, but with different faders and functions for faders), please mention if there is a better solution.

What I did was using two MIDI ports, one for the StudioLogic, and one for the faders, using Oxygen 61, but blocking everything except ‘Other CC events’

pic7

Hello David-San,

Thanks for your answer. I just published my reply when I saw your answer.

I will check into MIDI learned widgets and host automation (not really sure how to use them now). Guess the first part I did (except for using two different MIDI channels which seems not to be needed).

Btw, is there a way to edit posts (either questions/replies after publishing? ) I cannot find an Edit button.

The GP manual is your friend for this :wink:

I don’t have the edit button (yet), maybe because my level is still too low.

About the MIDI learned widget/host automation: I already got it working (it’s much more intuitive than I thought).

You should be able to edit now.

This is a critical paradigm in Gig Performer.

1 Like