How can I use my ipad?

Good morning,

I have already seen a number of times keyboard players using their iPad as a supplement or have any instruments on them ?!

What kind of apps can I use ?!

And what do I need to connect my iPad to the performance software?

regards!

e.g.
https://gigperformer.com/using-touch-osc-app-as-a-remote-display-and-a-touch-control-surface-with-gig-performer/

1 Like

ohh, what iPad version? latest for example with USB-C its easier about connections, diferent scenarios to take advantage…

Apps: can’t go wrong with Moog ones (if you into analog emulations)
Audio Damage Quanta, Continnua; Imaginando has some good souding ones too.

1 Like

Another answer to the question of this topic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

ahah and some “other” uses:

3 Likes

I heard, there even was a Boomerang-App, but the user ratings were quite low… :smiley:

BTW: The German cartoonist Ralph Ruthe made some funny cartoons about Apps:

2 Likes

@schreihals Are you on MacOS or Windows in your main computer?

1 Like

Mac OS!

iPad Version, I need to have a look later!

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve been using Luna Display for about two months with great results. Mainy, because I started using a Mac Mini and needed a display on stage. The touchscreen usage of GP is working really well so far.

3 Likes

Can you you use an iPad or Luna Display with a MacBook running Gig Performer, and keep the lid on the MacBook closed?

1 Like

To close the lid is not a good idea.
Cooling will be not that good.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can. I use it with my Mac Mini, 34 inch monitor, and my iPad Pro. I can slide whatever I want over into the iPad. Or, I turn off the 34 Inch and all goes to the iPad. It should work the same way with the MacBook as long as you tell the MacBook what you want it to do when the lid is closed. I haven’t worked with a Mac laptop, but when I used the 34 Inch with my Windows laptop I had to tell the laptop (in Settings) to not turn off.

1 Like

Found this re “clamshell mode” on MacBook with Luna Display. If I were to try this I would certainly have good side ventilation, and monitor temperatures.

https://help.astropad.com/article/332-clamshell-mode

2 Likes

Is it an HDMI version? What about the working distance to the Luna dongle? Can you go at a distance for some sound adjustment?

1 Like

So I use BandHelper on my iPad. It manages my program changes some audio files and lyrics. It sends PC’s to my laptop running GP. Work great! Took a bit to setup but it’s reliable, and gets rid of midi…just usb.

1 Like

I only use it via USB right now. I haven’t invested WIFI operation just yet. But it’s doing great via USB.

1 Like

But is it the HDMI version you are using?

1 Like

I’m sorry…misread your first post. No, I’m using the Thunderbolt version.

1 Like