How can I assign a slider to a pitch bend?

I have in Kontakt, the pitch bend wheel controlling the pitch of a sound (the amount of bend range can be set, in my case -12 and +12).

I like to change the pitch gradually from -12 to +12 and vice versa, but the pitch bend wheel is not so comfortable as it has a dead spot in the middle. And in Kontakt, I cannot change the assigned controller.

What I would like is to make a slider or expression wheel widget, and connect it as if it is a pitch bend wheel. I cannot connect it to the Kontakt function directly as the pitch bend wheel is the ony selectable setting (and two others which seem also not appropriate for that task).

Is this possible (and how) ?

(I don’t want to assign the slider to the same CC as the pitch bend wheel, as in other songs I want to have it behave differently).

Several ways to do this

1. You could send CC messages from your controller and map them to pitch bend messages using the MIDI Filter plugin - define the min/max range via the Kontakt instrument

2. If you’re using Kontakt, then you can get really cute by adding a new host automation parameter tied to the Tune function in Kontakt. Then map a slider in GP to that Tune host automation parameter and set the scaling in GP to control the min/max range

3. Use a scriptlet to convert a user defined parameter (in the scriptlet) to pitchbend messages that you can then send into Kontakt

I use #2 above myself

3 Likes

Thanks again for such fast and good answer.

I will also use two and should have known myself to use this way …
But as beginner it’s sometimes hard ‘where’ to find the solution, in Gig Performer or in Kontakt (or another VST).