Have anyone tried Humanoid from Baby Audio?

I’m thinking of buying this one before the price goes up;

Humanoid offer

In their FAQ they say;

"Humanoid is primarily intended for production and mixing work. However, if you want to use it live, set the buffer size to ‘Small’ in the top right of the interface. This will result in low latency but with less reliable pitch tracking.

If you plan on using Humanoid live, we recommend trying the free trial first.

For production and mixing use, we recommend setting a ‘Medium’ or ‘Large’ buffer size."

I saw that the trial version had no time limit, just 5 seconds of silence every 60 seconds.

This is why I think the best thing would be to try it yourself to be sure that it suits your needs and above all your feelings: this type of software forces you to juggle between latency and tracking and everyone reacts differently between perception of this latency and accuracy of their voice.

1 Like

I agree, just thought it could be interesting to hear if anyone else had already tried it. A bit short on time just now, will be playing in a park during Molde International Jazz Festival this week, (a quintet on Thursday and a big band on Saturday), so afraid to not reach to try it while it’s still discounted :slight_smile:

Out of interest, what is the problem you’re trying to solve with this plugin? Is it to add variety to the sound of your voice, or to improve the perceived quality of it. I only ask as my band keeps asking me to do backing vocals and whilst I can sing in tune, my voice is weak imo. I don’t want to retrain as a singer, but would be up for heavy processing to make it passable in a BV context. Maybe there are better plugins out there do do that tho’.

I thought it might be an interesting plugin to use my voice to generate something vocoder-like.

1 Like

I played around with the vocoder in V Collection recently. It was very impressive, although perhaps more suited to vintage material e.g. ELO’s Mr Blue Sky. Modern vocal processing on the other hand seems to be quite a bit more advanced and varied.

1 Like

You’re right, and it wouldn’t be a good idea to rush into buying it simply on the basis of someone else’s opinion - it could be a disappointment.

I’ve bought a plugin on the basis of several people’s opinions and recommendations and then realised it wasn’t for me. I wouldn’t make that mistake again.

It’s better to take the time to try out several plugins, most of which have a trial period, and wait for a promotion or sale before buying it. But if you’re in a hurry to buy it, it’s at your own risk. :wink:

https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/vocoder-v/overview
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vocalsynth.html

1 Like