Hanging notes on switching variations

I have rackspaces with 2 variations in each.
Variation 1 has organ plugin
Variation 2 has string plugin
How do I stop hanging notes when switching variations?
Cheers

This should be easy, when you are doing things right :wink:
Do you bypass plugins when you switch variations?

Have tried by passing plug ins but when I switch variations notes are still hanging

And that is the root cause!
Do not bypass plugins, use a Midi Filter and Block Note On messages with a widget.
This way when the Note On message is filtered the plugin will not react on Note ON Messages, but it does on Sustain Messages and Note Off messages.
This way you avoid hanging notes.

Here is an example gig:
VariationBypass.gig (28.9 KB)

Cheers Paul, that works .now I understand the midi filter a bit more now,
I have a sustain pedal cc64 I want it to switch the variations where it can move thru the variations eg 1-2-3 and back it sends 127 on press and 0 on release any ideas?
Cheers

Just for my understanding:
By pressing the sustain pedal (CC64) you want to switch the variations?
Don’t you use the sustain pedal to hold notes?

in the Global MIDI options you can “Learn” a controller message to to do an action:

https://gigperformer.com/docs/Userguide36/global_midi.html

That’s generally not a good idea since CC64 is one of the few CC messages that has special functionality in Gig Performer (CC0 and CC32 are the others)

Your are right, that’s why I also asked if he does not use the normal sustatain functionality.

Tried that but only lets me use one direction

I don’t use sustain, I’m just running out of controllers

Ok, so what direction do you want to go (example 3 variations)
1 => 2 => 3 => 1 ?
or
1 => 2 => 3 => 2 => 1 => 2

In my rackspaces I only go 1 way, so sometimes I use the same variation but on different index.
This way I only have to press a dedicated controller and I am sure that the varation is correct.
I hate to think about which controller to press to switch to the correct varation.

Just get some more :wink: never too many to have; that’s our human side to interact with “machine-bits-n-bytes”

need to go 1 2 3 4 paul

Then you are fine with mapping in global midi options.