Hammond B-3X Chorus/Vibrato question

With Blue3 the HOST-Automation works differently

V-1 is select when CC Value 0 is sent!

Now the question: Which developer implented this the wrong way ?

In my opinion: IK Multimedia did it wrong.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot of my Rig Manager
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 9.34.42 AM

Well… it’s obviously a wrong (or at least a weird) implementation of the parameter values in the plugin…
I think, you should contact IK Multimedia, and as a temporary workaround you could use a Scriptlet as a “translator”.

Sigh… Scriplets are unfortunately a little bit above my pay grade at the moment:(

When the widget is sending CC 38 (Midi mapped in IK Hammond) it iw working like Blue3.
So for sure the HOST Implementation of IK Multimedia is wrong

@musicbysterling You should contact IK Multimedia.

1 Like

Thank you!

As a workaround:
Map your widget not with HOST Automation, but send CC38 to the MIDI In plugin connected to IK Hammond.

Sorry, How do I accomplish this this?

Select the Widget and in the lower right Corner select the Plugin MIDI In (Nord Stage)
Then in the huge list scroll down until you see the Parameter 194 - CC38 and just select it.

Wait….what?

No GP, sorry
IK Mulimdia exposed the parameter values in the wrong order.
I just made an entry in their forum.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 10.10.04 AM
Selected. Not sure what to do next?

Move your widget and test with your controller

No difference

You are right, I must have been blind…
Anyway, I reported this issue to IK Multimedia.

Then maybe you could try to use this Scriptlet:
BX3-Vibrato-Fix.gpfav (1.7 KB)

Download it to your Favorites folder (User\Documents\Gig Performer\Favorites)
then in the wiring view of Gig Performer, insert it from the (right mouse button) User–>Favorites menu and place it into the MIDI signal chain before the BX3 plugin.
There is a parameter to adjust the affected CC# (if needed).
This Scriptlet will just change an incoming ‘0’ to an outgoing ‘127’ and vice versa, so that the expected order of settings will be restored again.

…hope this helps. :beers:

No difference

Another inbuilt solution: Use Widget Curves

1 Like

I forgot that we have to circumvent host automation for this case…
Edit the Vibrato parameter in your BX3 plugin to listen for MIDI CC#26 (that’s the one you send, isn’t it?), then edit the regarding widget, which shall adjust the Vibrato type, to use (as plugin) the connected MIDI-In block which is connected to your BX3 and choose CC#26 as the parameter.
That way, your Nord will send a CC#26 to the widget, which will itself send on the same CC# to the BX3 plugin directly, but now at this place, the Scriptlet can make its job and change the values which are sent.

Like this… (but i dn’t own the BX3, so i couldn’t make a screenshot of that):
2022-04-02 21_06_11-Window
and then