GP5 around the corner?

Hi all,
I know it might be annoying, and I don’t expect a clear answer, but I need to try😉

Any hint about when GP5 will be launched?
Are we talking about days, weeks, month?

Apologies, but I’m sooo curious. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Given the recent announcements and video demonstrations of new internal plug-ins, you can already assume that it won’t be a matter of years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Where can i see such announcements? :slight_smile:

Tadaa!… Here it is:

3 Likes

Thanks for this very specific answer. Just the way I expected it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude :wink:

8 Likes

I hope my answer was unclear enough! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

( Denn das Glück ist nur im Warten schön,
Während Sie das von sich selbst nur andeuten. )

1 Like

Vorfreude statt schadenfreude. Ich stimme zu.

More than anything else, & my wish for V5, is I need a way for my backing tracks to follow a singer skipping a bar or a section, at least a quick, easy, & least distracting way since I also have to play keys. I don’t want all that work in sequencing those tracks to be wasted because I had to stop playback when the singer skipped a bar (& please no “get a better singer” jokes :grin: )

Better to get a new singer.

(sorry, didn’t see your request until after I wrote this. That said, I wasn’t joking)

2 Likes

Ya, the thing is, I do a musical variety tv show that guests not just professional singers, but non-pro as well (who may be promoting a movie or something), and the way these things go they only have a week to prepare, & usually just one rehearsal with the band. And unlike tours with say, american artists, we don’t have months to prepare with lotsa rehearsals. Singer wud b lucky to have maybe 5 for the whole tour.

I also do a singing contest show that features amateur (but excellent) singers, that with the sked also has very little time to prepare. On a show where a singers future career can sometimes be at stake, I want to put that kid at the best possible situation. The pressure they’re in, making mistakes are extremely common.

1 Like

How much will it cost to upgrade from GP4?

I can’t imagine how this would be possible with the strict timing of a backing track and trying to recognize just how far off the track the singer is and if they are going to recognize their error and make thier own adjustment… again can’t imagine!

Well, with Ableton Live, even if you skip several bars, & just click somewhere ahead in the song (say, you clicked on Beat 3 in measure 30 & you’re in beat 1 meas 24) it isn’t going to jump until the playback “wiper” reaches beat 3, then it’ll jump w/o any break in timing. All that are adjustable. My problem now with Digital Performer is once you stop playback & try to resume at a different spot, playback isnt instant & timing gets messed up. (Sorry if that was oncfusing, not good at describing)

So you could solo say a percussion track when the singer jumps, just to keep timing with the band, then unsolo when you find the spot to catch up to the singer. Something like that.

I think the best way to follow a bad singer is to not using backing but an arranger plugin. Or play with a a good band if your TV show has the budget for this. What kind of TV show is it ?

I said this on Facebook - now is the best time to purchase Gig Performer. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I want to buy gigperformer, but was going to wait for the next release. Is there some way it makes more sense for me to buy now? I’m not in a rush, and don’t want to pay to upgrade right away. I want to use the new GP relayer feature

Some answers are here: Gig Performer Official Users Group | Hi - I’m new to gig performer | Facebook