GP4iPodC - Gig Performer ported to original Apple iPod

For immediate release

The current importance of sustainability and the desire to recycle old products as one way to help save the environment has encouraged the Gig Performer development team at Deskew Technologies, LLC to create a small version of Gig Performer that will run on Apple’s original classic iPod. There are currently millions of dumped Apple iPods, sitting unused in people’s homes as well as in landfills all over the world. Finding a new use for these devices will have a significantly positive impact on our environment. We encourage users interested in using Gig Performer in this manner to invest in a visit to their local landfill to recover as many of these iPods as possible.

Gig Performer for iPod (GP4iPod) will support a very limited number of plugins at a time and only allows up to three rackspaces. Due to the lack of MIDI support, automatic pitch to MIDI conversion will be performed.

Deskew Technologies, LLC is a strong believer in the upcoming Right To Repair legislation and so for an extra fee of just $401.19, Deskew Technologies, LLC, will replace the original display with one capable of color so that you can see more easily Gig Performer blocks. A special tool is included, written in classic BASIC and so requiring only an Apple II or a Commodore Pet, that can be used to convert the plugins, both AU or VST3 (but not VST2 per Steinberg’s recent deprecation of that format) in your collection to a format that can run directly on the iPod. The tool will convert all Intel machine code instructions into the iPod’s proprietary processor format as well as loading special libraries to support the standard VST APIs.

The processing power of these iPods is significantly limited so GP4iPod adds a special feature that will allow the headset cable to be multiplexed allowing multiple iPods to be connected together using Y-adapters in a proprietary network using a serial protocol. Each iPod will contribute 1 bit of final audio to the final result and headphones can be plugged in to the last iPod in the chain to hear the results. With this configuration, using 16 iPods together will give you 16-bit quality output. Notes can be played by rotating the wheel with your thumb and then pushing the clicker when you reach the note that you want to hear. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do about the sample rate and so there will be about a 4 second delay between triggering a note and hearing the result. As long as the audience members are sitting in a large arena, this delay should be unnoticeable.

Because rackspaces created with GP4iPod are compatible with Gig Performer 3.x (Mac/Windows) you will find it convenient to work on your gigs at any convenient moment during the day, during bus rides, boring meetings, dinners you’d rather not attend and while waiting for your turn at those pesky interminable sound checks.

For more information, please call 1-800-GET-HELP

5 Likes

1st of April.

You Even top Steven Slate :wink:

Aaaahrg! Damn! Always is the Apple community served first…
And what about all those dissappointed Nintendo users? Huh?
We all know that there is the famous ‘LIRPA’ programming environment which opens the VST-world for both Gameboy AND Nintendo-DS users - the new Switch console may need a brake-device, because it calculates too fast for LIRPA, but the little USB-plug just costs $4.01 so this should be no dealbreaker.

Any chance of a Zune port as well?

:wink:

Will this plugin also run on the new environment?

2 Likes

Sure, without any glitch to hear

You could use the before note trigger button :wink:

1 Like

Maybe add a delay compensation algorithm.

1 Like

Very good idea! :+1:
But you could also turn the timebend wheel a bit forward (the resolution could be problematic) or simply set the pandimensional transpose-level to +4
As always, there are many ways to reach your goal.

And not to forget the WYHIWYNG-Algorithm.

I tried to port it but I couldn’t get it to work properly. It kept producing #1 hit songs.

Yeah, when you listen to #1 Hit of Trio (Da Da Da) everything is possible

4 Likes

Oh dear!

Hey, I also like old good songs :+1: Could somebody help me to find the best Blue3 patch to play this famous german song?

2 Likes

LMAØ!!! Lúvin’ the April Fools’ fùn. :rofl:

You are a fan of Helge Schneider?
By the way: This guy is a wonderful Jazz Musician.

I like second-rate jokes and I like being the only one around who understands that a guy is a talented musician who poses as stupid. I had German colleagues who couldn’t stand it when I listened to him over and over again in my car with a blissful smile. :wink:
Katzenklo… Katzenklo… ja das macht die Katzen froh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not to be forgotten and almost a hymn: “Es gibt Reis!” :sunglasses:

1 Like

Verrückt :rofl: :+1: