GP program crash

@simusix2
Can you please address specifically the questions that @djogon asked – (copied below)

You said that you can reproduce with no plugins loaded (e.g. hold down the shift key during GP startup).
Is that correct?

If so - what changed recently? If your GP ran fine for a long time and then started glitching - something changed.

have updated with v3.8
when i mean no rackspaces i mean opening GP as first installed with default settings

, all my gigfiles load ok now except 1 which is my main live one, contains 40 rackspaces , this is the one that crashes before full loading more often than not and this is the one i have sent crash reports for.
there may be a rogue vst in there causing crash?

everything seems to load faster with v 3.8

RE:

Is this a built in computer usb port or some kind of a usb hub?..
… no their are two busses on motherboard, one external with 4 ports PORT 0,

and one internal with 2 ports PORT 1, RME recommends to connect babyface pro to its own buss.

With 3.8 you can now use the plugin manager to prevent some specific plugins to be loaded. This can help to identify the plugin which crashes.

yes will try using plugin manager to prevent some plugins to be loaded.

strange thing is when I run same fault gigfile on my laptop with virtual audio channels enabled it never crashes
thanks

This is the cause of my problem,
A virus.
https://itsafety.net/report/20190903-914b551970380142983466fd0d8949e9-host-services-
As im using a desktop pc in my rig which is set to auto start GP (my main live gig) on start up it only crashes on that pc and not on my other pc or laptop.
So I looked in my start up folder and there is the virus set to auto start.
Have removed it and now all seems fine…
On a winner now ??

1 Like

And now, repent, man of little faith! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have also an auto startup and I have to delay a bit the GP start up to be sure the RME drivers and TotalMix Fx are properly started before.

1 Like

After testing all my various gig files loading,
It’s down to one that crashes which is my main live one,
I had it set to auto start on boot up (crashes before fully loading) 75% of time.

Removed it from auto start,
Opened same GP gigfile manually (crashes lot less often)

Going to try deleting rackspaces one at a time to try to find offending rackspace.

GP starting on power-up seems tricky to me… I would probably need a GP script to get that properly working :thinking:

Thinking about it… A new comp. can start-up in 10-12 seconds, searching for the GP app could take up 5 to 7 seconds, hitting it slightly over 0.5 second more… Time is valuable, I know…

That’s why I put GP app logo in the center of my screen so that, on start up only have to hit the mouse button twice! Saves the 5-7 seconds of searching :no_mouth:
And at least saves the hassle of driver start-up tinkering and such… :metal:

Does it really make a difference, GP auto-start-up?

No GPScript, but a Windows script. I have no Windows scripting skills, this is the only one I ever made. The only interesting part it the wait function.
I didn’t do this to save time, but because this way, my rig can be started even by my children. One push on the NUC-PC ON/OFF button and it starts. On more push on the button and it stops… well not always because GP asks if I want to save the changes before :confused:

Thanks for posting this - hopefully it will help someone else as well. your crashes didn’t really look like a software failure - more like hardware. Fairly random too so I assumed hardware issues, but a virus or a security software could do this as well as they run on a driver level.

If you networked that computer at any time - make sure you triple check all your other machines.

Your right it’s quicker to load win 10 normall and double click GP Center screen

Still getting crash on load.
If I stop Gp fully loading it will say do you want to save so I click no then I get a memory error

Also I removed a few rackspaces and saved, no error, but when I opened it up again it had not saved the thr gigfile , rackspaces we’re still there, tried this a few more times and does same thing randomly.
Bugging me this problem!!!

This particular error can strike at any time, often without any clear cause. So if you’re happily doing your thing on a PC and suddenly experience a software crash along with this error, this guide will set you on the path to recovery.

What Is This Error Exactly?

The actual text of the error is pretty self-explanatory. Information in RAM is stored at a specific address. When the software in question needs information stored at a particular address, it asks for it. Sometimes, for whatever reason, this process goes wrong. This error tells us that the address is invalid for some reason.

Does this picture show the crash when you start gig performer or is gig performer already started and you load a gig?
Can you upload your gig, I could check on mac, maybe the gig is corrupted.

No
Started to load
I hit close button
Saved file
Then came up with error picture

Will up load my gig file later
I think it may be corrupted as well
because it’s the only on that crashes

Need to see crash report please!

I looked at your last crash report and your Blue3 plugin is crashing.
Here are the details which you can send to the plugin makers. Only they can interpret these values and try to fix the problem.

ExceptionAddress: 0x7ffd40632123
ExceptionModule: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Blue3.vst3
ExceptionModuleBase: 0x7ffd404f0000
ExceptionModuleVersion: 0.0.0.0

@simusix2
can you use VST2 version?

Will try vst2 blue version
And vb3 vst2 version
These are in nearly every rackspace

Will send that info to them cheers