GP Newbie / Former Forte User

Hey everyone-

New GP user here. I have been using the “GP Trial Version” for several days and successfully created a single Rackspace for testing purposes only. I purposely loaded it up with my entire setup of both VSTs & External MIDI Keyboards & Modules to see how it performs. I was very impressed with the performance and latency. This Rackspace also included 2 instances of Omnisphere 2.0 and virtually no performance difference by adding the 2nd instance. Just the routing capabilities alone in the “Back View” really makes this software far better than Forte and I have not scratched the surface yet. With that said, I decided to purchase GP 3.6 (Windows) today and know I made the right decision.

My first goal is to create a “Master GP Template” file and Test it to the Max before moving on to creating individual Songs, Variations, Set-lists, etc, for each live performance song.

I use a “Combination” of both VSTs and External MIDI Synths for live performances. I am hoping there are other GP users here that also do the same… and can share ideas, tips, etc.

I have a LOT to learn about GP and will take time. This forum will certainly help me out tremendously and sure I will have questions to post here. However, in the short time I have been using GP I have noticed a few things that would greatly improve GP users that use GP for both VSTs & External MIDI Synths (Primarily future development ideas for auditioning External MIDI Synth sounds). Eventually, I will post these ideas in the proper forum “Wish List” area.

Please see my profile for my basic gear setup. Thanks everyone in advance !!

Synthz

3 Likes