GP gets no MIDI from Roland TD-27

Hi Guys,
I’m a Drumer who wants to use GP for Livegigging with E-Drums.
The Goal is to create different Instances of Superior Drummer (SD) to play different sounding Drumsets depending to the song we play.
My Setup:
TD-27 connected via USB to a McBook Pro M1 running Montery. For the Output I use a Behringer XR18. So far so good.
I connected everything and when I playback a Miditrack coming from SD. But when I play my TD-27 nothing happens :person_shrugging:. When I open up SD standalone everything works fine.
The TD-27 is shown up in GP as a Midi source. In the VST the TD-27 is chosen as input source/Instrument for Midi.
What am I doing wrong?
Cann anybody help???

Best wishes from Germany!!!

Did you enable the MIDI Port in the Global Options?

Do you mean set that hook aside of TD-27?

And how looks your global MIDI monitor Window when you play on TD-27

Sorry I can’t send any Screenshots at the moment, cause I’m not at my set.
But yes i set the hook for the TD-27 and nothing happens on the global Midi Monitor when I play the TD-27.

OK, the Gig Performer gets no MIDI Signals.
So something is not enabled in the MIDI Port settings.

what else can I do?? In the Midi Port Settings-Window ther is shown the TD-27 and the XR18
I set the hook for the TD-27 and no hook for the XR 18, because GP shall not get any Midi Informations from the XR18.

What is a hook?

And you enabled the TD-27 in the MIDI Port settings?

Can you upload a small gig file?

✓ ← that is called a hook when I translate it from german to english.
It means I enabled the TD-27 in the MIDI Port settings.
Sorry, can’t open GP without the XR18 connected.
Or is there any other way??

As a new user I can’t upload a file . . . .

Why not?
When you choose the internal sound card as audio to you are asked to enable virtual channels.

Now you should be able to upload.

Sorry I’m an absolute novice to GP and didn’t know about that option.
I opened up the Scene and now? How can I attach the job to send it to you?

I tried to, but was told that “new users aren’t able to uplod attachments”.

When did you try, I changed the privileges?

Also, did you set up a rackpsace where a MIDI input block connects to SD and then is connected to the audio out to your audio interface (Monterey)?

Hi Jeff,
thanx for your answer. This is what was wrong. @pianopaul had the same solution.
It was an absolute Beginner Mistake that I made. The MIDI input Block was OMNI and not a dedicated Block to the TD-27.
At this point a big shoutout and thank you to @pianopaul for his patience and helping me!!!
I#ll try out later and let you know!!!

2 Likes