GP crashes while switching to 48KHz on MOTU UltraLite AVB

When I click control panel in GP it redirects me to the motu webUI mentioned multiple times there already

It is possible (I think for some time it was not in W11) to also set some sample rate for the audio device from control panel. I had 48kHz there before and just set it to 88.2kHz to try it out

But this setting seems to be generally ignored by both motu soundcard and GigPerformer (but now I get crashes of GP4. Exclusive mode made no difference for me (on or off).

Hmm difficult to see throughā€¦

I think you tried already but only to be sure on this:
Did you try to deactivate the integrated soundcard in bios and then checked the behaviour again?

Make sure your system sound device is disabled - off and certainly make sure itā€™s not your motu.

If you have to have the system sounds on your music rig - make sure you don5 use the same interface as GP

Use the internal sound card for windows if you have to but not your audio interface

Do you perhaps have Windows 11 Home edition?

What happens when you configure your driver settings through the Web UI, then reboot your Surface device completely and then run Gig Performer?

As he mentioned before, I think he is actually using the MOTU interface for system sound but on different physical channels. And I think he tried deactivating this with no success.

But I also think he has to go back to the roots - keep everything possibly problematic out of the way!
Just windows (without any systemsound) no internal soundcard, no external connection, only the MOTU device connected an check GP behaviour again.

@ cingelvladimir
Thereā€™s one more point a stumbled over:
You are using the MOTU 828es via Thunderbolt on a windows system? Why donā€™t you connect via USB, maybe the drivers are more ā€œfriendlyā€ using the usb-connection!

I guess thatā€™s the only possibility for now in terms of GP.
But as said. Also doing it this way (disabling other audio devices produced same issue so Iā€™m rather sceptical about this).
Anyway today while playing around I got some 5 or more crashes of GP so at least Iā€™ve sent the reports. Iā€™ll also try other VST hosts (not to solve problems where they are not) and will seeā€¦

For now I switched to Cantabile - 0 problems. 0 crashes. Can use all my audio devices. No ā€œback to the roots requiredā€.
Sad thing that I havenā€™t checked that out before upgrading from GP3 to GP4 (actually started with GP2 and did update there as well).

Regarding Thunderbolt, it has itā€™s share of issues for sure. But I get a bit better latency out of it.

Found this while searching around for issues with your device. Granted its from a Mac user, but the issue of the missing sample rates is similar. Might try a USB connection instead of thunderbolt.

1 Like

Maybe you have a second/older pc/laptop at hand where you can test the MOTU under USB conditions with GP without ā€œmessing upā€ your running system.

Very frustrating, but for the moment Iā€™m out of suggestions and I only can wish you good luck!