GP crashes if I accidentally unplug the Scarlett mixer without closing the program

Something to note if you unplug between sets - my GP crashes if I accidentally unplug the Scarlett mixer without closing the program .

Please post the crash log here.

Do you have the latest driver?

A 14’’ MBP doesn’t have a Kensington slot so you’d either need to glue/tape something to the lid or use another option.

If you have any rack gear the other option is to add a lockable drawer to your setup for between sets.

In fact I think that happens to me to if unplugging my Focusrite 6i6 before closing GP. GP freezes and needs to be forceably shut down.

With my MacBook, I find that using an ‘Aggregate Device’ in the Mac Audio MIDI Setup and then adding my interface to this, means that GP doesn’t detect a disconnect and allows the interface to be reconnected seamlessly.

1 Like

If you are playing with a regular DAW and accidentally disconnect the same interface, what happens?

I have experienced crashes (sometimes) if I power off my interface , even with no applications running.

Ah - I thought I had posted this in response to the person asking about laptop security between sets. Seems I started a new topic instead. Oops.
Thanks for all your replies.

No, I split the topic :slight_smile:

Btw.

An RME driver works great when you unplug or plug in the cable – no crash.

See here: Audio Interface disconnect problem - #24 by Angel

Yes, no crash with my Babyface too.