GP 4.1.5 Glitching at 96K

The gig file originated in March 2020. I updated GP 3 to the latest version this year.
Arturia is completely up to date.
I can import rackspaces from GP3 into GP4 and they’re all fine, at 96K, apart from the one that uses the SEM V2.

31 rack spaces in total.
The problematic one with the SEM V2 has the TAL U-No-LX-V2 doubling the SEM and also a Nexus piano (assigned to a 2nd keyboard/controller

What happens, when you remove sem and include it again after you loaded the gig file?

Can you upload the smallest possible gig file which faces the issue you have with sem?

Hi, sorry for late reply, but I couldn’t post any more yesterday, as the site seemed to think I was a new user!
Here’s a gig with just the problematic rackspace.
96K Chaos.gig (335.9 KB)

Fixed.

Just tested with inbuilt sound card and 96 kHz Samplerate, no issue.
But I do not have Nexus and TAL.

What happens when you bypass Nexus and TAL?

The rackspace works with the SEM at 96K, when Nexus & Tal are bypassed.
Nexus works on it’s own, and so does TAL.
But when either Nexus or Tal Uno are turned back on, that’s when the audio degrades/gets bit crushed.

That is interesting, how is the CPU usage in GP when all is enabled and you are playing?

In every other patch, CPU is around 40 to 50%
When I got to this one patch, CPU hits 100% and from then on, nearly all the other rackspaces start to glitch badly.
It then calms down, until I go back to this 1 problematic patch. If I just play the Nexus sound, it’s all ok, CPU at about 45-50%, but as soon as I play the other 2 synths, it’s glitch central, CPU goes up instantly

So it is clear this 3 plugins in 1 rackspace at 96 kHz are too much.
Do you play them at the same time?
What Sample Buffer size are you using?

SEM and the Tal Juno are playing at the same time (the TAL doubles the SEM)
Nexus plays on it’s own
Buffer = 96 samples. But I tried changing the buffer size witout any difference until the latency got unusable.

I am playing with 192 Samples and the latency is under 5 msec and that is OK for me.
96 Samples with 96 kHz, do you really need that?

Are you using in Ear or a normal Monitor-Box?

It seems that the TAL plugin playing with others at the same time is causing the glitching, yet on it’s own CPU is about 50%
In other patches I’ve got up to about 6 plugins in the same patch

IEM no onstage monitors.
I guess I’ll try a higher buffer size.
I’ll aslo try a different Juno 106 emulation to see if that makes any difference

You should think about resampling TAL.
I do that often with BLISS 2.0
BLISS can export to Soundfont format which can be imported with Kontakt 5.
Then in Kontakt 5 I save this imported Sound Font as an instrument which can be used in Kontakt.
Sadly NI stopped support of Sound Font Import with the recent Kontakt.

You can also use BLISS to play back this samples.
And the developers of BLISS are very responsive in case of support.

Yes, I could re-sample it. I’ll try that also.
I use autosampler in mainstage to produce WAV’s and then import into Kontakt

Yes I am sure with 96 kHz you can go up to 256 samples or even higher.
In my experience a latency around 4 msec is more than enough.

Maybe for a drummer not, but when you play organ, strings, synths, brass etc. this should be enough.

Just because I am curious: Why not use JUNO 60 from Arturia or the new Model from Softube?

I’ve got the Softube model 84 and the Roland Cloud ones, they all sound different. The problem is, the Tal sounds great and we used it on the records, so it would be nice to use it.
I tried copying the TAL patch to the Roland cloud and the TAL sounded better!
I’ll try again, it seems!