Global Script?

I would like to have the opportunity to write a global script to implement functionality that works for all racks. For now i have to copy the same script to each rack to achieve this.

1 Like

Yeah — GP Script is going to get a serious overhaul during 2019 — candidly we just never expected users to leverage it beyond doing trivial things such as transposing a few MIDI notes or setting a parameter somewhere.

So such things as global scripts, the ability to share functions in multiple scripts and various other things are on our list.

5 Likes

How about a GPScript plugin block? So instead of (or in addition to) having a script associated with a rack, you could have a script block with a MIDI IN and a MIDI out connection and the script would be scoped to process only the MIDI events that enter the input. Would be a nice way to share scripts (block presets) between racks.

4 Likes

Yes, we call that a “splugin” ( until we come up with a better term for it)…did I not mention that earlier? Oops :yum:

2 Likes

What about sapplet?

script - applet

I’d vote for ‘scripted plugin block’ = SPOCK :vulcan_salute:
(script long and prosper)

4 Likes

SCRAP = SCRiptAPp

(Not really just a joke :wink: )

or SPOC = Some Piece Of Code

4 Likes

I will second, third or whichever number the idea of a Global Script. I will even settle for an "#includes " with a “recompile all rackspaces” command.

Obviously I love the Scripting feature since I’ve got one master gig with 30 or so rackspaces, controlling 6 sub-instances via scripts while at the same time launching Charts for ~600 songs when in setlist mode.

So yeah, when there are shared bits of code that need updating, it is a real pain to open each rack and replace.

SPLUGIN, great idea.
This could solve many different feature requests, if we could apply MIDI filtering with a GP script anywhere in the flow of a rack.

Thank you for these suggestions.