Global Midi - assigning an un-mentioned function

I’m just completing my transition to GP V4. I want to assign a pedal to rotary fast, momentary. I looked at the global midi settings and they all seem to be dedicated to a certain function. Is there a generic option that I can learn to my foot pedal for moentary organ rotary fast?

Why do you want this to be in the global midi settings? Simply map a widget to the rotary speed and MIDI learn your controller to this widget too. Did I miss something?

Not really, but if I set it up in global, then I won’t have to do it again 500 times (for 500 other rackspaces)

Global “rackspace” is different than Global MIDI - the global MIDI option is for associating controls with Gig Performer actions — not with plugin operations.

If you put your organ in the global rackspace you can put the widget there too.

1 Like

I’m still learning about V4. Is the Global Rackspace stand alone? Or is it something that is loaded and then other VSTs etc are added? In other words, can the Global Rackspace be added to an existing rackspace?

The Global rackspace is always loaded. It is always there. See more about it here:

You can also check this Youtube video:

Other related stuff:

So would I be best to install all my pedals in the GRS then?

So, with my 500 rack spaces, if I have reverb and delay added into each one (i.e. 500 instances), if I set up that reverb and delay in the GRS, would I actually save loading time and lower cpu usage?

You save loading time but no cpu usage.

But I still have to go through 500 rackspace and load the global stuff into each one? Not sure that I’ve got this yet!!

No, there is only 1 global rackspace and with internal plugins you can send audio and retrieve audio from the global rackspace.
You can compare the global rackspace to a common audio bus on a regular mixer.